doce

TWELVEcriminology officer

TWELVE
criminology officer

─────────

𝕸𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 came, and you totally forgot that you have a meeting regarding your job as criminologist.

so when you attended the meeting, a part of you is still sleeping, while the other part is paying attention. you lacked sleep, from last night's activity with sae. but you did not regret it at all. it was the best night ever. so far. well, technically morning.

seated in front of you were the chief, detectives, and a few high ranking policemen of the russian police force.

why were they here in japan having such a big meeting involving a spain criminologist?

"you are the best in your field of criminology, offcer l/n. we are in need your help," the chief of the russian police states as you rubbed your eyes and shook your head.

"i'm on a three-week break after solving one of spain's biggest mysteries and i'm already trying to solve my own problems so i decline."

"officer l/n, we really need you. it is said that our targets are currently in japan, running lose. we have no authority here as russians but you have authority here as a citizen and criminologist of japan. but mainly spain."

you scratched your head. "that sounds a bit racist but ok. still, no thanks though."

a detective slid a few images to you and pointed to them. "at least, let us know if you've seen these people walking around or not. the pictures are our main clue but wherever we go, they are not there."

you took the pictures and looked at the picture carefully, eyes slightly widening at the sight of two familiar blondes in the cctv footage picture at very much familiar places that you often go to.

"do you know something?" the detective asked upon seeing the slight expression change on your face.

"no. i just remembered i didn't pick up my clothes from the kitchen floor..." you said, putting the pictures back nicely and sliding it back to the detective.

you looked around at the japanese police force before asking them "do i get a handsome payment?" and they replied with a yes.

now it was your turn to ask the russians.

"will i get paid handsomely for aiding the russian police force catch the blades?"

the chief nodded, and you rejoiced. "okay i'm in! got any clues or information that's been collected? i need to look through them."

a file is given to you about all the collected information on the criminal targets. but you were only interested with the russian-koreans, the kang siblings who entered japan to escape russia.

this will be a worthy job practice so you wouldn't lose your skills during your three-week break.

the japanese police force gave you a comfortable workspace to work with alone and you quite like it, although the space is not as enjoyable as it your own office back in spain.

the moment you say down with a little wince, you immediately flipped open the file and went through all the details you didn't know. all the unspoken and dark truth behind the fight-loving siblings.

drug dealing, abuse, acts of violence, vice versa.

wow. the kangs really had a long journey all the way to their arrival in japan. these are dangerous people that have targeted you, and now they are your target. yours to wrap your fingers around.

they wouldn't even need the evidence you have been gathering for possible crimes ever since the fight between rin and andrei which you paid a man in the crowd to record it just in case you could use that in court. their crimes are simply far bigger than you had anticipated. both the brother and sister all the same.

your attention directed to your phone on the desk. you stared at it for a good moment, wondering what to do with it before your mind diverted to last night's images with sae. you felt heat arising to your cheeks before you shook your head, giving yourself a good slap on the cheeks.

now is the time to work, not the time to fantasize. you took your phone to call your partner in crime, shidou ryusei, with a breathy voice that still wandered around your memories.

"yo shidou! could you use your hacking skills to track down the kangs? i'm tasked with a duty right now."