The Danger of Grecian Lightbulbs

Start from the beginning

Only what he believed to be Leo still active, he knew they were in dire straights. "Dam it!" He said, racing towards them, but only finding dead end after dead end. "Who even builds long corridors like this if they don't lead anywhere? Why?" He thought.

His question was answered as he was suddenly bathed in an electric blue light. Bulbs he didn't know were present above him flickered to life, the strange thing were, they were lightbulbs that looked ancient.

He didn't mean 1920's candles ancient, or 1970's high pollution ancient, he meant celestial bronze fittings and the use of sunlight to reflect light around the room through blue glass orbs ancient. They were rudimentary incandescent light bulbs. "Oh good, someone found the breakers."

if Thomas Eddison stole the lightbulb, the inventors of it took inspiration from the guy who made these things. They were way ahead of their time, lit only by a single stream of light that shone down from somewhere, probably Rome above. "Did the Greeks secretly build everything?" He lamented. 

He stood there for a second in awe of the focused lights, which were fitted with celestial bronze as wire filament, because of how easily it can glow, before sighing, realizing what was at stake and he had to move, blaming Annabeth for imparting random nerdy facts to him offhandedly.

Then, he cursed her for something else, for making him pause, because he suddenly heard a mechanical whirring sound behind him, out of pure instinct, he sprawled to the ground just to see a beam of white-hot energy pass over his head.

 He twisted on the ground and turned to his side, now noticing the rows of what looked like magnifying glasses to his right. Burning red hot and focusing on him. He was now aware that he was in a weapons testing facility, and unfortunately, he had wandered his way downrange.

As he ran, it was all but confirmed. He understood now, from the scorch marks on the walls, and the scratches along the floor, even the magical barriers made some sense to him now. He wasn't in a basement filled with only corridors.

He was in a bunker. Next to a development facility, built to test weapons, and contain them, should they malfunction. The long corridors were long because they were in fact testing ranges,, the walls had opened up to expose the weapons, the magical barriers to were stop Rome being harmed by testing.

It was much easier to get around in the light, no more running into walls, though he was mildly inconvenienced by the lasers shooting white hot death at him, "What kinds of idiot just turned the power on!" He screamed internally. "Freakin' LASER BEAMS!"

(Y/N) found himself thankful that he trained as much as he did, and he was as fast as he was, because any slower, and he may have been turned into a scorch mark on the wall himself. That's not to say he didn't have some close calls.

Plus one hit. The second beam tagged him when he was standing up to run, not quite yet at full sprinting speed. The beam of light only scraped by his leg, it's targeting system, he was assuming it had one, was still configuring as it roared to life.

Still a scrape was all it took for the back of his left thigh to be burnt through. Yes, through. He wasn't talking about second, or even third degree burns, he was talking, clean through the flesh, nearly exposing bone, types of burn. 

How he walked at that point, or even ran at the speed he was became a mystery to even him, the four turrets tracked him with beams carving into stone, almost catching him, getting so close he had to swan dive out the room to avoid them.

That, was the moment the pain hit him. He felt so woozy the moment he saw the wound he passed out, a cold shock hit his body. He remembered Hades warning, that healing through magic could shorten his life, but didn't care, the pain was too much.