Mr. Grumpy Has An Ego

"I wanna go home." I cried for the umpteenth time.

"But we are having fun, love. Aren't we?" Mayank said, pulling me to his side. We were smiling in front of the cameras, posing for them.

My legs were hurting, my head was pounding. I wanted to crawl up my bed and sleep until Monday morning. Most importantly, I wanted to come out of his grasp. There was a time when I used to love the way he put his fingers around my waist. Pulling me to him, gave me chills. But right now, it was more annoying than romantic.

We were standing here, answering all the questions from paps for as long as I can remember. I looked out of the window and the sun was slowly setting. We were here for almost two hours. It had taken us an hour to reach here. First, he had to finish some of his important work which took another thirty minutes, while I was left waiting. Well, not exactly waiting. I took a tour of the hotel that we were in right now. Again, this one was also named after him. It had a big swimming pool along with a couple of chairs, providing a great view in front of the setting sun. It had a few conference rooms and a big restaurant. I guess they had suites on other floors.

While he was busy, he made ME walk and take the tour along with his pretty manager of the hotel Catherine. She was tall, blonde, and dusky with sun-kissed skin. Her eyes were hazel. It was not long before we were moved to one of the huge conference rooms where Mayank was already waiting for me by the door.

"Don't worry, just try to be natural. Okay?" He said, giving my shoulder a slight squeeze. Even his slight touch made me look at him. He was speaking with his eyes and I couldn't help staring at him.

"Okay." I said, looking in front of me, breaking our eye contact. The moment we entered, there were cameras flashing from all directions. It took me a full minute to realize the number of people. There were around fifty people inside, including us. I heard Mayank cursing under his breath.

Just what I wanted!

So here I was, answering their stupid questions for as long as I remember. It was the usual 'where did you guys meet? What's your story? How did you fall in love with him?'

Well, that one got me off guard, because there was not a particular time when I fell for him.

"I don't think I have an answer to that." I said after thinking for a bit. "There's no particular thing, I guess the pot got filled every time he did something good to win my heart."

If I could define that press conference in one word, that would be, Revelation. There were many things that I didn't know about us, about Mayank. For starters, I was shocked when I learned that it was Love at first sight for him. I mean, how could he fall in love with someone at the age of five? He eventually tried to cover it up by saying that he later realized that it was Love when he was in college. But still, it didn't convince me at all. Also, he was so good at pretending. Or maybe what everybody thought of us was true. We did look like a couple. A very happy one, indeed. I was still lost in my thoughts when the next question came up.