A Free Soul, A Happy Soul

Everyone has that one song which they hate the most. There was nothing wrong with the song, but I had emotions and memories attached to it. Well, Little things by 1D was that song for me. I was now sitting on my desk, trying hard to think of something, anything apart from Mayank. However, my mind was focusing on the very part I knew I shouldn't be thinking about, and that's how I ended up thinking more and more about him...

It was lunch time now and due to my long walk in the morning, I was almost late and didn't get time to eat properly. I wanted to go out and fill myself up before my stomach started growling. I was about to head out when Ryan called me. "Mehek, you up for Lunch?"

"Sure," I said, giving him a cheeky smile. He was nothing but good to me since we met.

"Alright, can you give me five minutes? I'll quickly drop this mail and then we can go." Before I could say anything, my stomach growled. OHH God! Embarrassing!!! "Uhm I guess someone's hungry here, I can send the mail post lunch. Let's get going."

"No, it's okay, actually...uhm" he didn't let me finish as he grabbed my coat and started moving out of his cabin. I didn't argue as I really needed to fuel my system.

After our short five-minute walk, we were standing in front of Masie's, an average looking diner. It was small but cozy.

"Don't be fooled by looks, they serve amazing food, especially the veggie burger with extra cheese

"Don't be fooled by looks, they serve amazing food, especially the veggie burger with extra cheese." He said, pointing at the big burger image they had on one of the walls.

"It looks delicious." I said with a watery mouth. It was not crowded, noting that it was lunch time. I guess we had arrived a little before lunch time. Lucky us! And we got the best table, in one of the corners. We were seated right beside beautiful French windows, giving us the busy look of NYC. We quickly gave our order and we both were lost in the view opposite us.

"I was nine when my mom brought me here, she loved this place. She was from India." He said. Ohh right, that's why I could relate his looks to be a little Indian-ish.

"Wow, you never told me that your mom was from India?" I was not surprised because he had the same color as me, except his eyes and blonde hair. He must have inherited that from his dad.