Run Away And Never Comeback

***I'll be dividing this chapter in two parts***

My alarm started running in the background, which brought me back to life. I quickly got dressed as it was going to be a long day. I was wearing a cream formal dress which reached just below my knee and paired it with my brown wedges and brown bag. 

I decided to keep my hair in a messy bun and added a stroke of my eyeliner and peach brown lipstick, giving me a naturally beautiful look

I decided to keep my hair in a messy bun and added a stroke of my eyeliner and peach brown lipstick, giving me a naturally beautiful look. A few strands of my highlighted hair were flowing down, and I observed myself in the mirror. 

I haven't looked this beautiful in days. Blowing a kiss towards the mirror, I decided to leave. I didn't have time for breakfast, so I quickly grabbed a granola bar and some OJ from the kitchen and moved outside. It was chilly here. 

I managed to pack the warmest clothes I had but I still needed to shop. I decided to explore the mall and get my wardrobe set by this weekend.

I reached the office twenty minutes early and decided to explore the cafeteria. I placed my coat on the table adjacent to my chair where I was seated and decided to eat my granola in silence. 

I was done eating and my now empty can of orange juice was in front of me when someone pulled a chair beside me. It was Ryan, my new friend in the making.

"Morning dear," he greeted me with his best smile.

"Morning." I smiled at him. A genuinely happy grin plastered on my face after a long time.

"You look beautiful." Ryan's comment took me by surprise. It was not like nobody had ever appreciated my looks before, but this was new. After a long time, someone had spared me a glance.

"It's been a long time someone has appreciated me, Ryan. But again, it's been a long time since I have dressed up to be able to get that compliment. Thank you!" 

I told him what I was feeling. He seemed so real inside out. We sat there in comfortable silence till he finished his coffee and I was staring out of the window, the busy street of early morning was evident. It felt like it was going to snow today. 

I should really prepone my shopping before I become a snowman. Actually, a snowwoman. I mentally facepalmed my inner voice.

While we were talking, Ryan extended his hand and tucked a strand of my hair that was falling on my face behind my ears. This entire process was so quick that I didn't get any time to stop him. He must have seen my reaction, I jerked back in my seat.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." He said, looking down, feeling guilty.

"It's okay, let's get back to work." I said, covering up the embarrassment he had on his face to bring us both on normal terms.

Dropping my thoughts, I literally ran to our cabin area where I kept my stuff. I was ready to meet Linda, to check with her about my transfer. 

I excused myself from Ryan and went straight to Linda's cabin. It was open and she was examining some documents which seemed important. I could say that by seeing the frown on her face.

I asked for her attention by knocking on her open door. She looked up at me and smiled. She quickly waved her hand and asked me to come in.

"Good morning, Linda."

"Good morning, Mehek." She said.

"Linda, I wanted to ask you something. I don't want to beat around the bush. There is some personal reason due to which I want to take a transfer from this office to any other office in the states. Can this happen?" 

I completed the sentence and exhaled. Linda looked confused and her frown returned, as if she was trying to understand what I had just said.

"Is everything alright, Mehek? Did Ryan do something to you? Can you tell me what happened?" she looked concerned about my sudden decision, especially since I had joined just yesterday. 

She thought that because I was with Ryan all day yesterday, he might have done something wrong, which made me change my mind and request a transfer.

"No dear, it's not Ryan. He is really a great colleague. I just have a personal reason to transfer, so I just wanted to know if there is a possibility?" I corrected her, desperately wanting to hear a 'Yes' from her.

"I'm afraid dear, that's not possible." I got a totally opposite answer to what I had expected.

"Linda, there might be some way. Please, I really need to move to another state while remaining a part of Yellow Productions at the same time." I really did, getting this job was a dream come true for me and I couldn't just let it go because of him.

"In that case, there is one option. You can speak to Mr. Singh and check if this can be done, he might be able to help."

Oh no no no this can't happen! I can't speak to him! He is the very reason I want to leave this place! I thanked Linda and went back to my cabin. 

I will be stuck all day thinking about this. If this is what I need to do to delete him, I might as well take the first step. Talk to the devil to get rid of him. I know his answer already.

_________________________________

Please vote, comment and share...