A Day Well Spent

I was now okay with the fact that Mayank was going to be around. He is CEO of YP and he will be there. It was like a silent code. I kept making myself understand that. We bumped into each other many times. But we both would ignore each other and move. That was fine by me.

Days flew by and it was finally the weekend. I was postponing my plans to shop for a long time now. I wanted to stock up my closet with weather-friendly clothes. I decided to take a quick shower and leave. It was around noon when I reached the mall. After hours of walking around the store, I was finally happy with what I got. I always liked my own company. I guess it's because I had lived alone for most of my life. I decided to grab my meal as I had already skipped lunch. I checked my phone and there were two missed calls and two messages.

One missed call was from Ryan, followed by his message, asking if I was free for our date tonight. Oh, I really forgot about what we had agreed to. But why is this sounding like a date rather than just friends eating out? I quickly messaged him that I would be free by 7 and asked him to choose the place. I insisted him on not picking me up, to make sure he gets the idea. His reply came soon after with the place near my apartment.

The second one was from Shivani, followed by her text 'Still alive?' A smile broke on my face after reading her message. I hardly got time to speak to her about what's been happening to me since I moved. I need to talk to her. I need a friend right now. I decided to talk to her at night because of the time gap between our countries. I checked my watch and it was already 4. Quickly finishing my burger and coke, I took a cab and left.

I still have about three hours to kill. What should I do?

Flashback
Feb 2014

It was Valentine's Day. I was waiting for this day since I discovered my feelings for Mayank. On the other hand, he seemed to be cool and was surely not planning on confessing it to me.

It's been a month since he came back and we were nothing but all over each other. He was my ride to college and way back. We spent most of the time together, except when he was busy with his practice. He would often surprise me with kisses on cheeks, but nothing more than that. Everyone in our group thinks that we are already dating and have already shared the 'L' word. I wish this was true. I was a little disappointed and didn't feel like talking at all. I messaged him that I won't be coming to college and that he can go on his own.

Exactly ten minutes after sending the message, I heard my dad talking to him in the living room. Soon after that, my bedroom door opened, and I saw him peeping through the door.

"Hello Grumpy, why aren't you dressed yet?" he came and sat on the bedside table, quickly flipping stuff from my drawers. What the fuck! Hasn't he learned that he shouldn't be checking a girl's drawer?

"Back-off Maya, I'm not in the mood today." I quickly got up and snatched my stuff from his hand.

"But it's 14 today and you don't become grumpy for another'' checking the calendar, he said "week."Ohh god, the last thing I wanted to discuss with him was talking about my chums!!!