Soft Drops and Sour Pops

Vylad

You've made a mistake, Vylad Ro'Meave...

When haven't I?

~•~•~•~•

"Vylad. We need to talk." Garroth growled at me as I was still recovering from my break down, that was caused by Tao. "How stupid can you be?!"

"Shut the hell up." I barked as I felt Garroth glaring at me in anger. "It's your fault anyways. If only you would have woken us up faster, none of this would be happening in the first place."

"How the hell was I supposed to get up, wake you both up and run out the house if I didn't understand what was happening at the time?!? I'm not a mind reader, Vylad." He snarled as I scoffed at his logic.

"Tao better fix this before I break..." I whispered as the my older brothers stopped to look at me in shock. "What?"

"Who's Tao?" Zane asked slowly as my eyes quickly flashed red before I shook my head and smiled brightly.

"Just a friend. Now let's go home. Mommy should be back by now. Try to avoid Dad." I spat before walking in front of them with a grin. "Wouldn't want a repeat of last week, would we?"

With that, we opened the door to witness our mother still on the phone and Garte rushing around the house in a business suit.

Noticing our appearance, she dismissed the person with a gentle, "Good evening, sir", before turning to us with tears in her eyes.

"Hi Mom." Zane mumbled under his breath as Mom kissed his and Garroth's cheeks before standing directly in front of me with a pained expression.

"Vylad..." She whispered as I cocked my head in curiosity. "W-why? Cutting... Why my pea?!"

Widening my eyes, I looked towards Zane and Garroth as they made eye contact with each other before Zane quickly sprinted towards his room. Garroth, however, walked up to Mom before grabbing her shoulder firmly.

"Mom, you should let him rest. He's had a long day." He spoke softly as Mom shook her head and tears began to roll down her porcelain face.

"Tell me this." She sniffled as I have her a solid nod. "Show me the cuts and how long?"

Slowly, I tugged off my jean jacket before rubbing my arms in discomfort. "I-I've been cutting for 2-2 years, Mommy. I'm sorry..."

"No you're not! Stop lying, it's not going to make this any better!" Garroth shouted as I winced in fear.

"Fine." I huffed while looking away from everyone. "I'm not sorry and I will continue. Happy?"

Storming off into my room, I face planted onto my bed before releasing a groan. Facing the ceiling, I sighed in content before closing my eyes and gently drifting to sleep.

~•~•~•~•

Garroth

Another nightmare...

Hopping out of bed, I rushed to the bathroom before gripping the toilet and emptying out my stomach.

"Gargar, honey? Is that you?" Mom asked as I quickly flushed the toilet and sat on the floor holding my head in pain. "Are you alright?"

Wiping my mouth, I tried to stand up before gripping the sink and falling over as the door opened. "Baby, are you feeling alright?"

"Y-yeah Mom. Just a little stomach bug, I'll be fine." I smiled as she kissed my cheek before leading me to the couch.

"Sit here and I'll make up some soup." She hummed as I shook my head in denial.

"Please don't. I'm fine, really." I begged as she wandered to the front door and stared at me. "I'm not hungry."

"I'm going to the store for medication. Then, I'll get in contact with Dr. Minstrel." She smiled as she slipped on her leather coat and left.

Hearing footsteps, I looked up to witness Zane and Vylad walk down the stairs in a deep conversation about knives.

"Would you trade it in for a blade? Razors are more effective from what I heard." Zane asked as Vylad stared at his red pocketknife from our camping trip last year.

"No. This holds more memories compared to any blade a stranger hands me." He whispered as his green eyes beamed in admiration. "Of happier memories."

"I've been meaning to tell you guys. I've been logging our lives for the past 2 years. Of course I won't let you see it till we're older, but I wrote a song to describe the first time." Zane murmured as I raised an eyebrow. "I titled it Seven Weeks Of Torture."

"That name seems kind of suspicious." Vylad spoke the obvious as I gave the emo a small nod.

"It's a work in progress. I'll be in my room finishing up." Zane rolled his eyes before bounding back up the stairs.

"I have to go work on a project with Travis for History. I'll see you later." Vylad smiled as he pocketed the knife. "And if Mommy asks, you haven't seen the knife."

Watching him leave the house, I realized...

I'll always be alone.

~•~•~•~•

Now y'all know the reason for her reaction to Vylad's Breakdown. She watched her children break in silence, with no information what so ever.

~Shadow Out!🌑