Chapter 20 "Recovery"

Start from the beginning

rin_itoshi_gf

MathewRoss

JacobStoneWriter

DemonAshuraZoro

Kaitou_Madie034

black-entity-dragon

𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐒𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐲𝐞𝐭.

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠.

𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲!

=

"I'm back baby!" (Talking)

'Kurama, you there?' (Thinking/Thoughts)

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐥" (𝐁𝐢𝐣𝐮𝐮/𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠)

'𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐩 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥' (𝐁𝐢𝐣𝐮𝐮/𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠)

=

Pain.

That was what Naruto felt when he woke up every day. It was terrible enough that he was still ill, but having Kushina look after him? For him, that much was already hell. Who would have guessed that he would be sick for over two weeks? Naruto questioned whether if kami had cursed him with an incurable illness that would kill him in a month or two. Even though the idea might sound absurd, the blond jinchuriki began to find it more and more plausible with each day that went by.

If kami was truly the one who punished him, for what reason? What did he do wrong? What action did he take to earn this? He wondered if this was his fate from the start - being abandoned by his parents, being mistreated by both civilians and shinobi in his own village - and whether the groups of jounin that followed him every day were supposed to be the protection the Third Hokage provided for him. But, it wasn't even helpful - his own "protection" would harm him along with the others, and the Third isn't even aware of it. When he attempted to tell him, Hiruzen gave him the assurance that he would find someone who would genuinely protect him, but it appeared the elderly man had forgotten about it.

He went through a lot of hardship, so why is he still going through it now? For once, why won't Kami allow his life to be simpler and happier? Why add more to his suffering? It isn't fair, while life isn't fair to everyone, this was overkill for someone his age. The blond was certain that not even the hardest-bitten jounin could bear to live his life for more than a few days or weeks at a time. Back then, why was he still being beaten if the third Hokage had given him the assurance that he would always be safe? This was really ridiculous! He couldn't even stay happy for a full day!.