13

"Oh god...Craig..."

Craig glared at him like he didn't trust him. It was clear to the older alpha that Craig was completely feral.

Nate should be thankful and relieved that the two teens were still fully dressed and Craig hadn't bonded and taken advantage of Stan, but this site was unlike anything he's ever seen.

In all his years of being on the DPD, he's never seen an alpha bite himself and not the omega that's in heat. The amount of control Craig has, despite being feral and the intensity of Stan's heat, is something he hadn't seen before.

In that moment, Nate knew that Stan was incredibly lucky to have such an amazing and self-controlled alpha fated to him. It also solidified his belief that, no matter how strong the heat is, alphas absolutely have the ability to control themselves. Saying otherwise is just a convenient excuse.

He approached Craig slowly, holding his hands up in front of him to show the feral alpha that he meant no harm. He stopped for a second when Craig scooted back further into the corner, holding Stan desperately to himself as if he was in fear of having the omega taken from him while he bit deeper into his own arm. Nate began slowly approaching again, nice and easy.

"Craig...it's okay, buddy. We're not going to hurt him, and we're not going to take him from you, okay? I just need you to relax and calm down." He spoke quietly, crouching down to eye level. "We want to help you, okay? Stan is in bad shape right now."

Nate placed a hand on Craig's bloodied arm, instructing him to breathe. Kaycee stood back the whole time, watching it all play out in pure shock before one of the paramedics handed him a syringe with a strong heat suppressant.

"You're going to have to be the one to inject him. If anyone else does, Craig might attack." The male paramedic instructed as Kaycee took it from him. He also noticed the police officers and the other paramedic getting another shot ready for Craig.

A tranquilizer.

Eventually, Craig calmed a bit and evened his breathing. His eyes were less dilated than they were before, and they seemed to reflect a little more clarity. Nate gently moved his arm away from his mouth, and when he unlatched, Nate gasped again.

Craig was going to need stitches, and as soon as he unlatched, his blood started to pour out of his arm. Stan wasn't the only one who needed to be seen.

He turned to Kaycee, and luckily, he didn't need to say anything as he came to help immediately. He reached towards Stan with the syringe, but Craig flinched and moved his omega away; staring at him with confusion, fear, and caution.

"What's that?" Craig hoarsely asked. Kaycee gave him a soft smile.

"It's okay, Craig. This is a heat suppressant. It'll help your omega feel less pain and more relaxed, okay? I'm not going to hurt him, I promise." He replied, halting his movements and waiting for Craig's permission and trust. He looked down at the syringe and sighed, loosening his grip a little to allow Mr. Wilson more access to Stan.

Only because he can tell he's an omega too. He's the least threatening person here right now.

Kaycee gave him a nod, gently lifting the sleeve of Stan's t-shirt to expose his shoulder before pricking him and injecting him with the medicine. Right away, Stan began to stir and wrapped his arms around Craig's neck, clinging to him for dear life.

"No...stay away..." Stan mumbled into Craig's neck, inhaling the scent of his alpha for comfort. Kaycee placed a loving hand on his shoulder and rubbed the now warmed skin with his thumb.

"It's okay, Stanley. I'm all done." He spoke sweetly before getting up. Once the other paramedics saw that Craig had calmed down, they came into the closet with them to assess the wounds and the damage. The police also determined, just looking at the scene, that Stan is completely safe and Craig didn't hurt him in any way.