Percy x NB!Reader💙🖤

Percy: WHAT'S YOUR TYPE
Y/n: Anything, honestly, but nerds especially
Percy, desperately, as Y/n bleeds out: DON'T FUCK WITH ME! YOUR BLOOD TYPE!
Y/n: Oh! B positive.
Percy: DONT TRY TO CHEER ME UP JUST TELL ME YOUR BLOOD TYPE
Y/n: ...

Warnings: Angst, no happy ending sadly, though its open so you can just pretend there is :3

----------

It had been weeks since the air in Whitestone had shifted, since the oppressive darkness that clung to the corners of Percy's mind had been vanquished. The city was bathed in a newfound light, and the once haunted halls of Castle Whitestone echoed with the laughter of the liberated villagers. However, for Y/n, the victory was bittersweet.

In the aftermath of the battle, Percy had retreated to his workshop, claiming he needed time to set things in order. The shadows that had haunted him were gone, but a different kind of darkness lingered between him and Y/n. There was a distance, a hesitancy in his gaze that left Y/n feeling like a mere shadow in the sunlight of their supposed triumph.

One evening, Y/n found Percy alone in the courtyard, the setting sun casting long shadows across his face. The air was thick with tension as they stood in the fading light, surrounded by the ruins of their recent battle. Y/n's heart clenched with an unspoken ache as Percy avoided their gaze.

"Are you alright?" Y/n finally broke the silence, the words hanging in the air like a fragile promise.

Percy hesitated before responding, his fingers absently tracing the lines of Bad News, the gun that had seen them through countless trials. "I should be. We won. Whitestone is free."

Y/n nodded, but the gnawing emptiness persisted. "But what about us? What about you and me?"

Percy's eyes flickered, a storm of conflicting emotions clouding his gaze. "I thought I could leave it all behind, the darkness within me. But it's not that simple, Y/n. I'm afraid of what I might become."

The confession hung heavily between them, the weight of it crushing Y/n's chest. "Percy, we faced demons together, both literal and metaphorical. Don't you see? You're not alone in this."

A bitter smile played on Percy's lips. "That's the problem, Y/n. You shouldn't have to face my demons. I can't let you be dragged down with me."

Tears welled up in Y/n's eyes as the truth of Percy's words struck a chord. "You're pushing me away. Don't you realize that it hurts more than any demon ever could?"

Percy sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I'm trying to protect you. I can't lose you, not after everything we've been through."

Y/n took a step closer, desperate to bridge the widening gap. "But Percy, shutting me out is not the answer. We've faced death together, and we've come out stronger. I won't abandon you, no matter how dark it gets."

Percy's gaze softened, a mixture of gratitude and pain in his eyes. "Y/n, I don't know how to be anything other than broken."

Tears streaked down Y/n's cheeks as they reached for Percy's hand. "Then let me help you pick up the pieces. We can find the light together."

Percy flinched back as they reached out, before freezing as Y/n's eyes widened a bit in surprise and hurt. They retracted their hand after a moment's hesitation, no more words being spoken as they simply turned around and walked away. They hoped deep down, begged the gods, that Percy would call out and stop them, that he would stop them leaving in any way. But he didn't. And it broke their heart even more.

As the days passed, the distance between Y/n and Percy seemed to grow rather than diminish. Percy threw himself into his work, consumed by the intricate machinery that adorned his workshop. Y/n tried to offer support, to be a comforting presence, but each attempt was met with a distracted nod or a forced smile.