Vax'ildan x (GN!Reader) {Part one}💙

So this is taking a while to finish writing, so here part one. Hope you all enjoy, part 2 will be out hopefully soon and I am working on some more Vax smut, along with a few other suprises.

Y/n: Where are you going?
Vax: To get ice cream or commit a felony, I'll decide on the way there

Warnings: Cursing, mention of character death, Violence, blood, wounds, character conflict, ver sensative topics, trauma, general angst I gues-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You couldn't Remember much of the last mission, you remember the dragon you and vox machina were fighting, you remember jumping in front of Percy to block something flying at him. You remember the piercing pain when whatever it was hitting you, falling to the ground as you heard your lover Vax scream your name in shock. You remember feeling Vaxs arms hold you close as he held one of your hands, as Pike tried healing you.

Then everything went dark.

You could hear faint and distant voices from your friends. You could hear Vax's voice above all, crying and begging for you to stay with him. You tried to say something, anything, but you couldn't talk, you couldn't move, you just lay in silence. Before everything went quiet.

It was peaceful, you began to feel at ease, and you started to drift, you felt as if you were slowly floating upwards, and then you felt yourself standing, you could feel your feet touch the ground, a hard oak floor. You could hear children giggling and laughing. When you opened your eyes you were met with a room oh too familiar.

You look about your old family living room, your old one in Riverside (Just a random place, not canon as far as I know) You almost started crying as you saw your little brother and sister playing on the rug in front of the fireplace as your father sat in an armchair, reading a book. Your mother was humming one of your childhood lullabies as she made dinner in the kitchener area. It wasn't a large area, a table with five chairs, a few chairs by the fireplace, and a large rug set in front of the fireplace. It had a few bookshelves filled with books and a desk that your father did work at.

You felt weak in the knees as he leaned back against the wall in shock. It was just like before the tragedy happened. Your father was sitting in his usual Black and brown tunic, his green eyes just like you remember along with his dark brown hair that was slowly going gray. Your mother in a long light beige and white and cottage core dress, her long silky brown hair falling onto her back. Your little sister is in a similar dress to your mother but instead of beige its light purple, Her eyes just like your dads, and hair just as silky and dark as your mothers. Your brother in a green tunic like your fathers, longer brown hair with icy blue eyes.

You inhale sharply, catching the attention of your younger brother, who looks up from his game with your little sister, his eyes lightening up as he gets up and runs towards you, "Y/N!" He says happily, hugging your legs. You started shaking a bit, Not hugging him back.

"Y/n sweetie are you alright? You seem upset." Your mothers voice says as she turns and stares at you, your father looking up from his book and tilting his head, "Are you shaking?" He asks. Your little sister sat in silence, not being the talkative type, she never really said anything to you.

You started shaking more as you fell to your knees, hugging your little brother tightly, your tears threatening to fall as you shut your eyes tightly. Your mother ran over and crouched next to you, hugging you close as your little brother looked at you with worry.

"Darling are you ok!? What's wrong?" Your mother asks worriedly, lookin at your face to see if you're alright.

"Y-you're ok...You're all ok...." You manage to choke through tears as she looks at you with empathy.

"Y/n, what are you talking about? We have all been alright, you went down for a nap, did you possibly have a nightmare?" She asks as you shake your head, hugging her tightly.

—-------

You had calmed down, now sitting at the table as your father helped your mother set the table, the two chatting happily as your siblings played with small wooden figures your father had bought them. You couldn't believe they were here with you, you watched them die. This has to be a dream.

You shot from your thoughts as your father pulled out a chair for your mom, then sitting in one next to her himself. They held hands as they outstretched ones to your siblings who offered theirs to you. You hesitantly took them as your family bowed their heads and closed their eyes.

"Everlight, may you please protect us from harm, give us good crops, and sweet dreams. Please bless this food with your glory, and thank you for all you have done for us." Your mother says before everyone then goes to eat, chatting away as they did so. You sat in silence, not saying a word the entire meal. This was all too good to be true, but as the meal progressed, you slowly started to believe. Maybe..Maybe it wasn't all fake and you really did just have a bad dream.

...

You should have known better than to get your hopes up.

You were in your room, staring at yourself in the mirror, when you heard screaming. You ran to the living room, fear striking through your body as you froze, feeling winded as soon as you saw the scene in front of you.

Your father laid dead in front of the fireplace, his throat cut open as your sister laid next to him, an arrow through her head. Your mother was on her knees as she was being held hostage by the intruders, She was crying before more horror entered her eyes when she saw you, "Y/n! Run, take your brother and ru-" She starts before she's stabbed thru the throat, the knife slicing to the side and killing her. You screamed and ran towards your brother's room, maybe at least this time you could save him.

You threw his door open and stopped in horror as if it couldn't get worse. Your brother was hanging by a rope of his own guts from the roof as his dead gaze stared at you, his abdomen sliced open, more guts hanging out as there was blood everywhere. You screamed more before you got grabbed by someone behind you, they threw a sack over your head and bound your hands behind your back, and your feet together. You laid there for hours as you felt many harsh punches, kicks, and burns be afflicted to your body. You just held your breath and prayed that it would all end. That all the pain would go away, that you wake up and everything was just a bad dream, that you would wake up next to Vax again. That you would be in his arms, safe from everything.

Then it all went numb as the floor caved in, shattering like glass as you fell, the pain quickly fading as you just kept falling, causing you too panic more, screaming at the top of your lungs as you started to feel winded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So-

This may be pretty long, like possibly a 3 or 4 part long thing-

However I will post other and like I said before I am working on some more Vax smut, and another suprise.

I've just been kinda busy, so updates will be slow sadly, I will try to post at least once or twice a week though.