Vax'ildan x (GN!Reader) Part 3💙❤‍🩹

Y/n: I'm incredibly fast at math.
Vax: Alright, what's 30x17?
Y/n: 47
Vax: That's not even close.
Y/n: But it was fast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 You just kept falling as your whole life flashed before your eyes, you started having more and more trouble breathing before you shot up in bed, now back to the real world and shaking horribly, your breathing heavy as you started getting a cold sweat. Vax shot up from your sudden awakening, hugging you tightly in relief before noticing your state,

"Love, are you alright?" He asks as you looked at him, tear filled eyes.

"I saw them..." You say as your voice cracked, tears starting to fall. Vax looked at you with an empathetic look, hugging you and playing with your hair, " I'm sorry that happened...| He mumbles as you clung on tightly to him.

"Why...?"

"The world is a cruel place my dear."

"I just want all the pain to stop..."

"In due time you will know how to live with it fully, in the meantime, you can just rely on your closest friends and me to help you."
You smiled softly at his words, before your memories came back and you were back to sobbing into his chest, "I feel horrible..I couldn't even protect my own damn family..." You sob quietly as Vax tries to soothe you.

"Y/n, you were 12, there is no way in hell you could have beaten 8 men that were twice the size of you..." Vax say, picking you up gently and placing you on his lap. You straddled his waist, nodding your head.

He had a point, but you still felt so guilty. The vivid thoughts, the sound of screams, the pain, you just wanted it all to stop. You wished day in and day out that you could just wake up, like it all was just some bad dream.

Vax noticed your silence and sighed, "Look, it's hard to deal with, I felt horrible when Vex died for the 30 minutes she did." He says as he cups your face, gently making you look up at him, "But the fact you survived, living with it for the past 16 years. That makes you stronger than anyone."

You smiled, leaning into his touch. He smiled back at you, leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss to your lips. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he placed his hands on your hips. He hummed in satisfaction as you played with his hair, lightly tugging on it.

Your kiss almost began to become heated, but there was a knock at the door that caught both of your attention. You laid your head on Vaxs shoulder, leaving soft kisses on his neck, making him grunt for a split second in shock.

Another knock at the door and Vax's eye twitch, "Fuck sakes just come in already!" He calls. The door slowly opened as Percy walked in, holding a cup of coffee in hand. He had the most guilty look on his face, however Vax just glared at him, if not for you sitting and straddling his waist he would be beating the shit out of Percy right now.

"Y/n, I see you're awake." Percy says as Vax narrows his eyes.

"What do you want Derolo?" He says, venom in his tone. Percy looks around the room, anywhere but you two.

"I need to speak with Y/n." He says cautiously.

"Well wait till morning. In case you didn't notice dumbass, its late and they are clearly still tired." Vax shoots back through gritted. Percy flinched as he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked to the side.

"Fair enough." He says as he turns around and walks to the door again.

"Percy." You say, sitting up a bit better after listening to the two bicker a bit.

"Yes Y/n?" He says slowly.

"Its ok. I forgive you." You say as you lay your head back down. He smiles and turns, "Thank you Y/n." And with that he left, closing the door behind him.

Vax sighed, clearly annoyed before yelping as you bonked him on the head with your fist, "OW! Christ woman what is wrong with you!" He says defensively as he picks you up and stands, laying you on the bed and taking off his cape.

"Vax, you and I both know that it was my fault not Percy's." You say as you sit up, leaning against the headboard. Vax sighs as he hangs up his cape and knives, placing one on the nightstand and crawling into bed with you, laying on his back beside you.

"I know, I know, but...It's just...I don't know..." He says as you shuffle closer to him, combing your fingers through his hair.

"It's easier to be mad at people when your loved ones get hurt. It's easier to put blame on others even though deep down you know it's hardly their fault." You say, trying to make sense of his feelings. He nods,

"Yeah, I guess."

"Vax."

"Look, Y/n, if Percy hadn't been so careless, you wouldn't-" He stopped himself as he turned his head, his voice cracking the slightest bit, "You wouldn't have gotten almost killed..."

You sigh as you cup his cheek, turning his face towards you again, he had slight tears in his eyes, and he looked anywhere but you.

"Vax, look at me." He slowly looked at you, his eyes widening as you placed a soft kiss on his lips. He leaned into a bit, sighing as you let go.

"Vax, we both know it was my choice to jump in front of Percy. He nor anyone else could have stopped me." You say as you rub your thumb over his cheek. He sighs as he lifts a hand and holds yours.

"I guess you're right."

"I always am."

"Unless it comes to math."

"Hey, I'm good at math!"

"Oh yeah?" He laughs, "What 6x4?"
"63!" You say with all confidence, causing him to burst into laughter.

"It's 24!"

You roll your eyes with a chuckle, "I was close!"

"Sure you were love." He says as he sits up, tackling you and hovering over top of you.

"What?" You ask after 30 seconds of prolonged eye contact.

(Prolonged eye contact!~ Prolonged EYE contact! Prolonged EYE contact~)

You let out a gasp as Vax just collapsed on top of you, snuggling into your chest, using it as a pillow, "I'm tired, good night."

You let out a sigh as you make a small braid in his hair, playing around with it, "Your lucky I love you."

"I know."

.......

"Vax?"

"Yes my love?"

"..."

"Y/n?"

"Thank you...For being here with me. I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for you."

"No problem, I'll be here as long as you need me. Now good night, I love you." He says as he kisses your collarbone, quickly falling asleep.

You smiled as you listened to Vax's light breathing and quiet snores, bringing you comfort that he was here for you. How did you ever end up so lucky?

You laid awake for a few more seconds before falling asleep, cuddling with your lover.