Pike x (GenderNeutral!Reader)💓

Pike: You often use humor to deflect trauma
Y/n: Thank you
Pike: I didn't say that was a good thing
Y/n: What I'm hearing is, you think I'm funny

Warnings: Panic attacks, anxiety attacks, minor injury description

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pressure. The pressure is too much, straining your chest and crushing your ribs with impossible weight. You can't breathe; there's too much weight. What's so heavy? Why is it on top of you? Why can't you breathe?

Faces flash behind your closed eyes, terrible, lifeless faces that leave your body shaking uncontrollably. The eyes have rolled into their heads, showing nothing but white. Their faces are pale, cheeks and noses bruising, cuts oozing blood from their heads.

What have I done? Oh, gods, what did I do?

Something's clawing at your throat hard enough to break the skin. The flesh feels like it's scratching open beneath nails. Is it you? Who's scratching? Why can't you breathe, still?

"Y/n," a soft voice says, sounding so, so distant. "Y/n, can you hear me?"

Whatever is scratching at your throat has been removed, but your whole body is trembling and you still can't breathe. Sweat drips down your face. It feels horrible and you can't escape it.

Something warm presses against your face, so soft against your cheek that you barely realise until you hear the faint thump, thump, thump of a heartbeat. It's steady, slow, calming.

"Listen to my heart," the voice instructs. "Breathe in and out in time with it."

You can't. Oh, gods, the pressure is crushing. Your lungs aren't working. You can't breathe, you're going -

"In and out."

A hand touches the centre of your chest and somehow relieves the pressure slightly, enough so that you can suck in a quick breath and release one just as short. But, with the hand softly places on your chest, you can gradually breathe again.

Your senses come rushing back: your clothes are drenched in sweat, sticking to your skin. You can feel a body beneath your head - the chest you've been pressed against. The ceiling above you comes into focus, seeming so high above that it'd be impossible to touch. You can smell leather and pine, the same scent you usually get from -

"Pike," you breathe.

The girl leans her head over yours slightly, hand still placed gently on your chest, and offers a small smile.

"Gods," you say, "I'm so sorry -"

Your body feels like it's starting to shake again.

"Shh," Pike says softly, brushing hair from your face. "It's okay. You had another attack, nothing I can't deal with."

You shut your eyes briefly, taking in her rich scent and trying to focus on breathing in time with her heartbeat.

"Was it them again?"

With a nod, you reach a hand up to your chest and grasp Pike's with it.

"I'm right here," she assures you, "Nothing will hurt you when your with me."

That's much better than telling you it'll be okay. You appreciate her help a lot more when she says this.

"Thank you."

"No problem."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT ;-; 

Hope you liked it though, BYOIIYUGCGFHTFCJHCTCYITDTCHJJFXJFGFXXf