♤ Baraf ka Gola ♤

Começar do início

"Arey, kyun?" said Ishan.

"Bahar itni thandi hai, mein ab tak nahi samjha tum chuski kyun kha rahe ho. Parso humari team ke saath practise hai, na?"

"Haan, hai, kyun?"

"Mujhe sardi nahi chahiye. Tujhe zaroor ayegi, dekh."

"Koi baat nahi, World Cup toh dur ki baat hai."

"Dur? Ab sirf thode mahine bache hai, Cup tak."

"Tum bohot fikar karte ho, bhai. Thoda chill karo, yaar. Thoda baraf ka gola kha lo. Dimag thand ho jayega."

I glared at him, a bored expression on my face, but his hopeful look induced me to give in to the temptation.

"Do, ek bite do."

He handed me the stick with the ball of ice on it, and the cup with syrup in it. I dipped the ice in the syrup, and put the ice in my mouth. Oh my god.

"Ishan, tune konsa flavour liya?" I said, spitting the flavour out of my mouth.

"Bubblegum, kyun?"

"Chi! Itna kharab flavour liya tune. Mango wala nahi le sakta tha?"

"Mere pass mango, aapko chahiye tho." Vira said, quietly.

"Nahi nahi, thik hai."

"Nahi, please, chahiye to please le lo, aapne hi paise diye hai."

Hearing her pleading, I eventually gave in, and went to her to try some of hers.

"Konsa wala mango hai?"

"Ye wala." She said, pointing to the cup with mango syrup.

She dipped the ice in the syrup, and held it up to me. I gently held the hand with the stick holding the ice and I put my mouth to the chuski.

"Mmm! This is really nice! Dekho Ishan, aise flavours acche hote hai."

Vira giggled, and Ishan just raised his eyebrows at me, making me and Vira fall into a fit of laughter. I took a step back and looked into the little circle we'd made. But the only thing I could focus on was Vira's beautiful smile.

That's when I realised that I wasn't laughing anymore, and instead just staring at her, like a creep. The laughter ceased, and Vira laughed down, a faint smile visible on her face.

My heart fluttered slightly at the sight. Arey Shubman, tu kitna boora dost ho? She's Ishan's. I pushed her out of my mind as I'd forced myself to do time and time again.

I urged the two of them to keep walking, both of them sucking on their chuskis, making me regret not buying one. I reminded myself it was for the better. When it came to cricket, I didn't want to let anything get in the way. So, no matter how much I wanted something, if it affected my cricket in any way, I would steer clear.

Unsurprisingly, Ishan had made a mess, with drops of syrup down his shirt, and a little bit around his mouth as well. I laughed at him, and he looked at me like I'd done something wrong.

"Kya?"

"Kyun has rahe ho?"

"Tera shakal dekha kya? Tum chodo, teri shirt hi syrup kha chuki hai!"

He looked down, saw the stain, and looked back up at me expectantly.

"Kya dekh rahe ho?"

"Kuch toh karo na, Shubhi!"

"Shubhi? Ye naam kahan se milte hai tumko yaar?"

He just shrugged.

"Yaar, Shubman thik hai, Shubh thik hai, lekin Shubi kahan se aaya? Mein ladki jaise dikh tha hoon?"