Chapter 27

"Wow," multiple voices called out as she walked out while holding hands with Victor.

"Thank you," she blushed as she felt Victor hold her still.

"Two steps forward and you will be right next to North," Victor explained. "He is still sitting on the edge of the pool. Even if all you do is sit next to him with your feet in the water, that's great, Princess."

"Yep," multiple men agreed.

She smiled as she held her hand out, which North grabbed instantly. He laced their fingers together and touched her hip once she was beside him. She sat down and bit her bottom lip as she slipped her feet into the water.

"Great job Baby Girl," North praised.

"If you want to try anything else just let me know," Nathan said as he swam over to her. He touched her ankle and rubbed his thumb back and forth. "Is it too cold? We can warm it up more if you need it."

She took a deep breath and pushed herself forward, beaming as Nathan instantly caught her and held her to his chest. "Proved me wrong," she whispered as he wrapped her legs around his waist.

"I'm glad," he smiled down at her. "But want to clarify for the others?"

"Won't let me fall," she smiled as she leaned back to look up at him even though he was still blurry to her. Nathan instantly pressed into his back so she couldn't lean further back than he liked. Relief crossed her face, which made Nathan feel even more proud that she trusted him that much. "Walk."

"Okay," Nathan nodded. "Just let me know if I need to stop."

"North?" she asked as she looked over Nathan's shoulder.

"I'm going to stay right here just in case," North explained. "Go have fun, Baby Girl, I'm so proud of you."

She beamed as she felt his words warm her mind. "Alright, here we go, Peanut," Nathan said as he started to walk slowly around the side of the pool.

Feeling the water against her back had her tensing up, which caused Drakon to start barking and pawing at the ground by the pool. "She's okay Drakon," Kota tried to explain to the dog.

"Drakey, I'm okay," she called out as she pressed herself into Nathan even more. "Nathan has me." Nathan understood and walked her over to the growling dog. "I'm okay," she held her hand out and felt his cold nose press into her palm. "It just startled me but I'm okay now. I'm here and I'm safe."

"Yes you are," Nathan smiled as he rubbed his thumb in a comforting motion on her back.

Drakon licked her face then walked off. "Do you need a moment?" Sean asked as he swam up to them while being careful that his ripples wouldn't touch her.

She remained still as she thought it over seriously, which Sean appreciated. After a couple of moments of silence she smiled as turned to where she thought Sean was. "I'm okay, it startled me but feeling Nathan's touch and Drakon's concern helped remind me I'm here and not there. That make sense?"

Sean smiled as he gently grasped her hand. "Yes, it does. It means that they grounded you to help prevent you from slipping back into a flashback. That's good, that's something we can work with."

"Do you want to keep walking, Angelos Mou?" Silas asked as he walked over to them. She nodded and held her arms out.

"Okay Natey?" She asked making him chuckle.

"Of course, Peanut. I know I can't hog you all to myself, there will be other times we can go swimming together. Besides I'm getting a little hungry so while you are swimming with Si I'll go grab a bite to eat."

"Oh food sounds good now," she said now that the mention of food made her stomach growl. "Can we try this again–"

"I'll make you something to eat, Baby Girl," North said as he stood. "Keep having fun with Silas."

"Are you sure?" she asked nervously.

"He's already at the grill, Pebbles," Brandon chuckled as he came up behind Silas.

"Ready?" Silas asked as he shifted her so he could hold her better.

"Yep," she nodded after taking a deep breath to relax.

"We're here with you," Brandon reminded her as Silas started walking.

Halfway through a loop she switched over to Brandon and then North called out that her food was ready. Brandon walked her over to the steps and they sat on the edge of the pool so they could eat.

"How are you doing, Sweetheart?" Corey asked as he sat her bottle of water next to her. "Kota is making Drakon a burger."

"I'm..." She trailed off as she thought about it then smiled, "I'm proud of myself."

"That's great because we are proud of you too," Axel said.

"I've never snapped out of it that fast before," she admitted. "Kind of threw me for a loop." She yawned and covered her mouth, "I'm sorry, I guess I'm getting tired."

"Not surprising with everything that has happened today," Owen said as he took her empty plate from her. "Think we all should head to bed early, we have a busy day tomorrow."

"But I'm comfy," she whined as she linked her fingers with Brandon's. His arm was around her shoulder and he chuckled.

"You can always sleep in bed with me, Pebbles, anytime you want," He smirked, "I don't mind."