chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen

sorry for the wait my sillies

!

"Hello! I'm looking for Daphne?"

A boy, shorter than you, blinks in a bored manner, "Who?"

"Uh, Daphne? Sage's... hairstylist?"

"Oh, right." He itches his head.

Currently standing on Sage's personal floor within Mount Rageous Records, you peer around. You've yet to visit his suite; partly because you'd never had a reason to, until today. Much like his home, there's an evident theme of blue, complimenting a slightly vintage atmosphere. Though his music is predominantly mellow rapping, and occasionally a twinge of indie rock; Sage visibly enjoys a softer and humble ambience. Which, as a stylist, you find to be a rather intriguing contrast.

Sage's voice echoes from further within his dressing-room, "Grey, who's that?"

"Good question. Who are you?" Grey, you assume his name is, asks. Though his face is void of all emotion, he doesn't seem rude, by any means. Just... tired, maybe?

You briefly introduce yourself before mentioning, "Ah, but if Daphne's busy, would you mind passing these to her?" You hold up two boxes of fancy chocolates. She'd been raving about them to you over the phone last night; so you'd decided to pick them up as a gift before work. Though you had to wait in an egregiously long line, and suffer the monstrous price, it was totally worth it for her.

Grey's dull eyes sparkle at the sight of the delicacies, and you manage to hold back a laugh. He takes the boxes from your hands joyfully, examining them in wonder.

"Do you like them, as well? Bought two boxes, so you can have one if you'd like." You offer, smiling at his blatant display of being a sweet tooth; which you wholeheartedly relate to.

His eyes snap up to you— and if possible, his gaze is glittering even more. Taking your hand wordlessly, Grey pulls you inside the dressing-room. Sage, wearing a surprisingly classy outfit, sits at a vanity. Surrounding him are a few stylists; and you spot Daphne just behind him, curling his hair. He must be leaving for an event shortly.

Beaming, you wave over to her, "Daphne! Hey! I..."

Daphne, noticing you immediately, smiles weakly before returning to her work. That's strange. Normally she'd jump out of her seat to greet you. Maybe you shouldn't have gotten ahead of yourself and surprised her? Is she uncomfortable? She probably doesn't want to be unprofessional— then again, you briefly mentioned that you found out Sage was an old friend over text awhile ago. But, when you think about it, she'd sort of ignored that disclosure. You deflate at her lack of acknowledgment. She could be having a bad day...?

"Charming my assistant with a box of chocolates? You're so cruel." Sage snickers. Adjusting his collar, he stands and turns to you, "Miss me already? Still haven't taken me up on that sleepover."

You groan, "I'm not here for you, you dork. I'm here for Daphne."

"Who?" Sage tilts his head.

"Your hairstylist?" You glance over to Grey, taking one of the boxed chocolates from his hands, "Can I speak with her outside?"