chapter eleven

chapter eleven

cannot believe you guys really stay loyal to this crazy messy story i love you fr

!

     Daphne squeals, "Then what happened?"

Inviting Daphne to the penthouse while Velvet and Veneer were out shopping had to be the best decision you'd ever made in your life. Understandably, she'd freaked out at first, being within the superstar duo's home. They are some of her biggest inspirations, after all; but she had quickly relaxed in your presence. Daphne was a great listener, and as soon as you'd told her over the phone that you'd lost essentially everything, she'd came up and running.

Oh, but she was also a fantastic person to gossip with. She was very excited to hear about your evening with Ritz.

"Um, he ordered everything from the desserts menu." You can't restrain the warmth that rushes to your cheeks.

"No way!" She gasps, running some hair treatment through your locks; fingers massaging your scalp in a soothing manner. The two of you sat on the floor, with Daphne's back leant against the couch, and you crisscrossed in front of her.

You nod sheepishly, "He's so sweet. Was wearing this bracelet, said his little sister made it for him."

Daphne coos, "Aww. Has he messaged you since? Velvet and Veneer have an interview with him tomorrow announcing their upcoming Lifer Award and concert, don't they? Come on, I need to knoow!"

"Yeah! I mean, we've been talking... A lot. Oh! I forgot to show you! Look, he sent me these this morning!"

Jumping to your feet, Daphne watches curiously as you sprint to and from your bedroom. When you return; a large bouquet consisting of pretty marigolds, orange tulips and matching begonias sits snug within your arms. It's wrapped in brown paper, held together by a cute, saffron ribbon. Daphne shrieks, abruptly standing and gushing over it. She peeks at the small card attached, reading the note aloud.

"Passed by the florist and these reminded me of you and your orange juice. I hope you like them!" Daphne murmurs before laughing, "Stop, that's so cute!"

You cringe, "Can you believe I spilt juice on him?"

"I'm glad you did. What a catch!"

The elevator dings, indicating Velvet and Veneer's arrival. Clutching the flowers tighter, you awkwardly hide them behind your back. Velvet's called you a sleaze in the past, and you know she'll most certainly do it again. While you were positive that they weren't negatively involved with Ritz, you didn't feel like it was a good idea, considering their domineering conduct over you. And, you really like Ritz. What if they scare him off?

"I mean honestly, that miniskirt was doing nothing for her. You wear the thing better." Velvet asserts, a lollipop bobbing between her lips. Along her arms are an innumerable amount of shopping bags. 

"Tell me about it; those sandals were a serious criminal offence." Veneer concurs, swinging around his own shopping bags as they stride into the lounge.

"Ew, anyways. Dolly! We're h— oh." Velvet pauses, hand sitting on her hip as she stares at Daphne, "Who's this."

"Velvet, Veneer! This is Daphne, the coworker I went to Candy's with, to share drinks. Sage's hairstylist."