Part 20 - Drama

Y/n POV

"That's what you're wearing?" Lee asked Isaac as we walked in and saw Lee sitting at the desk with the computer open. I didn't want to be standing there since this is kind of a family thing so I just sat on the chair that was in the corner.

"Dad doesn't care what we wear. Like... " Isaac said as he walked over to Lee.

"Fine. I'm starting it." Lee said as Isaac leaned against the desk. Lee then pressed a button on the keyboard and I guess started the call.

We sat there for a while waiting for their dad to join, as I heard Richard and Katherine talking.

Time Skip

I was now sitting on Isaac's lap as he had moved over to where I was as Lee continued to sit at the desk staring at the computer waiting for their dad to join the call.

"Bro, he's not coming." Isaac stated looking at his brother. We have been sitting here for a while and I could tell that Isaac wanted to leave and enjoy the rest of the day.

"There's a million reasons why he'd be running late." Lee was really hoping that their dad would join any minute now, but that's what happens with younger siblings they never want to believe the worst of things.

"Well, we're gonna miss the second half, so..." I was kind of pissed at Isaac that he only cared about football instead of his family, but I mean we have been sitting here for almost an hour maybe even longer.

"Who cares about football right now?" Lee said getting pissed at his brother. 

Isaac picked me up and placed me back on the chair as he walked over to the desk, I knew what he was gonna do.

"It's Thanksgiving and Dad promised that he would at least show up and - " Lee cut himself off as Isaac ended the meeting. Lee got mad and shoved Isaac into the wall as he walked out of the office space.

"Lee." I said trying to get Lee to calm down but I could tell he just wanted to be alone right now.

"Bro, what the -" Isaac cut himself off seeing that Lee had left and he saw the look on my face. I followed Lee out of the office.

"How did it go?" I heard Katherine ask Lee as he walked right over to the fridge.

"Mom." Benny stated clearly wanting Katherine to answer a question that he had asked her.

"You've never had ceviche, Benny." Katherine answered Benny.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked Lee not really paying attention to the conversation that was happening. "Look, Lee, I know what Isaac did was wrong but he must have had a reason why." Lee just keep ignoring me, I knew he was really pissed at his brother and didn't want to talk to anyone. Lee walked over to the kitchen Island with a bottle of wine beginning to pour it into a glass.

"Mom, Lee's drinking wine." Jordan said while walking into the kitchen.

"Lee." George said walking over to Lee. "Hey, Lee, what are you doing?' George asked taking the wine from Lee.

"We're allowed wine on special occasions." Lee argued with George.

"No, that is absolutely not true." Katherine said trying to sound like a good parent so that she wouldn't get judged by Richard. I knew that if Richard were to take custody of either of us he would take Jackie and leave me with the Walter's since he wouldn't be able to look after me since I would almost never be home.

"Name one time we let you." George said getting the hints from Katherine. 

"Why don't you drink this?" Katherine said as she handed Lee a drink she grabbed from the fridge.

"Good." Richard said standing up. "Speaking of alcohol, I heard Jackie skipped school, got drunk, and went to an unsupervised party at a lake recently." Richard said as he was now standing on the other side of the kitchen island. Jackie told me about it, since Cole brought her into her room last night. "That sort of thing happen often?" 

"Jackie got drunk?" Parker asked clearly she didn't know about this.

"Um, everybody under the age of 35, let's get out of the kitchen." George said as we all left the room. I don't know where Lee went but I went to find Isaac who was sitting in the living room, watching the football game. I just sat there on my phone as I didn't care that much about football. I was sitting next to Isaac with his arm around me.

Time Skip

Everyone ended up leaving the living room but I stayed since Isaac wanted to talk to me. 

"I know what I did before wasn't right, but I knew that our dad wasn't going to show up and I would prefer if Lee was mad at me instead of our dad." Isaac explained to me why he ended the call with his dad.

"I know, but Lee doesn't understand that you were just trying to protect him. We just need to get him to understand that." I said as we began to get up and walk out of the living room.

"Yeah, he'll come around sooner or later." Isaac said. Me, Jackie and Richard walked over to were the fireplace was as Jackie wouldn't go with Richard unless I went with them.

"So, are you comfortable here?" Richard asked while looking over at me and Jackie. "You know, with all the "ma'am."

Me and Jackie laugh a little as he clearly didn't know what to say. "Took some time getting used to, but, you know, so have a lot of things lately." Jackie said.

"I wanted to talk to you two about something." Richard said as he got up and walked over to us.

"Okay." Me and Jackie both said at the same time as Richard walked over to where Jackie was looking at us.

"I consulted a lawyer about getting custody." Richard said. I knew this wouldn't be good, I knew that I would stay here but Jackie, I don't know what she would choose.

"Of us?" Jackie asked.

"No. No, no, of one of the other three dozen kids out there." Richard said trying to make a joke out of it. "Jackie, y/n, when they read your parents' will, I was in shock and grieving, and I just wanted to honor my sister's wishes, so I went along with the two of you coming here." 

I was pissed that Richard wanted to take custody of us, I mean yeah he is our Uncle but I would prefer to stay here. I so wanted to just leave the room and go back to where the Walter's and Garcia brothers were but I stayed so I could hear what he had to say.

"But I'll admit I was pretty hurt that your parents chose Katherine. But now I realize that they wrote that will 15 years ago, when there were only 3 Walter kids, not 10. You know, you two were just babies, I was in my 20s, partying up a storm, so I understand why your mom didn't think I could take care of you. Jackie you're a city girl who likes museums and the ballet." Richard looked over at me "And y/n you're a carefree girl who doesn't care what people think of her you just do what you want."

"And there's definitely none of that here." Jackie said, I think she was gonna leave.

"No." Richard said trying to convince Jackie to live with him. I knew he would never want to look after me, I mean Jackie is a well behaved girl whereas with me I do whatever I want. "I wanna get you two back home where you belong." Richard said. The only reason Richard said the two of us is cause if he said just Jackie then Jackie would start asking if I could go with them, but if I said no then she would understand. 

"Into your old high school, back on the Princeton track." Richard said my parents always wanted me to go to Princeton, but I never wanted to go. "With me... the only other family you got left." 

I looked over at Jackie and it looked like she was trying to decide where she wanted to be. "You don't have to decide this second. Just... think about it and know I'm ready to pursue this if either of you want me to." Richard already knew my answer so he didn't try to change my mind since it was kind of useless but he was still trying to change my mind.  

We all got up and walked into the dining room where all the Walter's and the Garcia brothers were. I could tell Jackie was trying to seem happy while she was thinking of whether or not see was gonna stay here.

We all sat down at the dining table as Jordan, Parker and Benny were at a smaller table in the corner of the room. Lee and George were the only ones standing up as Lee was cutting the turkey.