Dumbledore shook his head. "Grindelwald believes it is not enough to simply have possession of the Hallows: the Cloak, the Wand, and the Stone. He believes that to truly become the Master of Death, he must gain the loyalty of each Hallow by murdering the previous owners. The Cloak's owners were James and Lily Potter, and by extension, you, Hyrieus Potter. Therefore, Grindelwald would have to personally murder each Potter before he could gain the Cloak's loyalty. Grindelwald and his acolytes almost succeeded, as they massacred every Potter except for Hyrieus."

"But how did Grindelwald know that Hyrieus Potter was alive?" Tom asked.

Pointing to the stunned figure of Pettigrew, Dumbledore said, "I believe Pettigrew has been spying for Grindelwald since 1929. After escaping his fight with Sirius all those years ago, he must have remained in his Animagus form at Hogwarts and reported back to Grindelwald with his findings."

Tom thinned his lips. "And you didn't manage to capture him until today, more than a decade later."

Dumbledore sighed, "Unfortunately so. We didn't think to look for Pettigrew, as we all believed Peter had died. Besides, rats are unfortunately too common in Hogwarts as it is."

"What comes next?" Tom asked, choosing to ignore the last part of Dumbledore's statement.

Dumbledore, Black, Snape, and Lupin exchanged glances with each other.

"Now that Grindelwald has actively targeted you, we believe it is best for you, Harry, to remain under protection. Have you heard of the Order of the Phoenix?"

"Professor Dumbledore," Lupin interjected somewhat desperately, "they're too young for this."

Tom glared at Lupin, who seemed to shrink under his gaze. "If Harry is old enough to be targeted by Grindelwald, the most notorious Dark wizard to roam these lands, we're old enough to learn about this Order," he snapped, a bit of his Cockney accent sneaking through. He cleared his throat and turned back to Dumbledore. "I've never heard of it before."

"I had hoped to protect you two for longer. Alas, you are correct. We cannot protect you through ignorance now that Grindelwald is actively pursuing Harry's death." Dumbledore paused, letting the information sink in. "The Order of the Phoenix is a secret group I founded to take down Grindelwald and his acolytes. Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Severus Snape are all members. We disbanded in 1929 after Grindelwald was sentenced to life in Azkaban. The Order swiftly reconvened the night Grindelwald escaped Azkaban, on January 9th, 1940. We have been working hard with the Ministry since then."

Harry said quickly, "Will the Ministry be informed of today's events?" Those were the first words he'd spoken in a while.

Dumbledore shook his head. "No. The knowledge of the Hallows must not be spread. As you were targeted specifically because of the Hallows, not even the Minister shall know about today's events."

Harry relaxed, his shoulders slumping. "That's good to hear," he murmured.

Tom felt a chill run down his back.

So this is what power is.

Professor Dumbledore nodded slightly, then murmured, "Harry, my boy, I am sure you are aware, but no one must learn of your identity as Hyrieus Potter. You must guard it with all your capability and never let anyone, whether they be friend, family, or foe, learn your secret outside of the people in this room."

Harry swallowed. "Of course, Professor Dumbledore. I swear it." His voice was soft, but there was an undercurrent of steel that ran through it.

"Thank you."

With that, the room fell into a soft silence as Professor Dumbledore paused, clearly considering his next words. He clasped his hands together, his face uncharacteristically open, pleading, even. "I know that I have not treated you two fairly these past few years."