Chapter 32

Author's Note: This is the chapter y'all have been waiting for.

Professor Dumbledore and Professor Lupin gazed at the sight before them. Professor Lupin's eyes darted to the unconscious Pettigrew on the ground. Then they darted to stare at Harry.

"Harry," Professor Lupin whispered, "I'd thought it was you, I didn't want to believe..."

Harry, at a loss for words, opted to remain silent.

Professor Dumbledore sighed, whatever energy he retained draining out of him. "I think it'd be best to start from the beginning."

Oh, yes, Harry thought faintly.

Professor Dumbledore flicked his wand at Pettigrew. "Stupefy." The writhing form of Peter stilled, frozen in his cowering position. "Perhaps you'd like to walk with us to my office?"

"Of course, professor," Harry said numbly.

Everyone walked in silence. Professor Snape and Sirius stared daggers at each other, while Professor Lupin and Professor Dumbledore walked in the front, Pettigrew's stunned body following behind them. Harry and Tom were at the end of the line, observing the procession of people on their march to Dumbledore's office.

In the office, everyone settled into their seats quietly. Tom sat next to Harry, and Harry clutched Tom's hand like a lifeline. At least the mania in Tom's eyes had dissipated somewhat; he was still suffering from a Dark Magic overdose, but at least it was harder to notice now.

"Tea?" Professor Dumbledore asked. His voice was quiet, and his eyes lacked its characteristic twinkle. "It will make the following conversation easier to digest, I hope."

Harry avoided looking at Pettigrew's stunned body in the corner of the office. "...Yes. I would appreciate that."

The six of them sat in silence as the tea boiled, the kettle slowly emitting a hissing sound. Professor Dumbledore carefully poured tea for each person. Harry gratefully accepted his cup and took a sip.

"I think the best place to begin would be for you two to recount what you've learned," Dumbledore said, nodding at Harry and Tom.

Harry stared at Tom, taking a deep breath. Then he met Dumbledore's eyes. "Of course, professor."

Tom began, "Harry and I were outside Hogsmeade earlier. A man in the Animagus form of a rat stunned Harry and dragged him to the shack on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. Then, I followed a black dog..."

And so Tom and Harry explained their version of events.

Dumbledore looked at Harry thoughtfully. "And did you discover anything about yourself?"

Too much, in fact.

Harry took a deep breath. "I found out Sirius Black was framed by Peter Pettigrew—" he pointed to the unconscious form in the corner— "I found out Sirius Black is my godfather. I found out Professor Snape is an Acolyte."

Tom's hand found his clenched fist under the table. His fingers slipped into Harry's, forcing him to loosen his muscles and unclench his fist. Harry squeezed the hand softly, thankful for the support.

He inhaled deeply. "I found out I am Hyrieus Potter," Harry whispered. He lowered his eyes, staring at the table, avoiding the others' gazes.

"I'm sorry," Dumbledore said sincerely. "We failed you in letting tonight's events occur."

Harry shook his head slowly. "I think... None of you would have told me about my true identity, correct? Even though many of you knew. Or at least suspected."