Chapter 57

7:43 am

The sun was rising, when Nami saw Zoro, hanging from the arm of Arlong, by the throat, right above the sort of pool that was there.

«ar- Roronoa Zoro, uh ? Hotchi said right, Taka No Me's son, himself... Why are you interested in Nami? ...why did you come here ?...

z- ...

ar- answer, you foolish human !!!

z- ...

ar- wanna play hardball... uh, how stupid human can be *chuckles* you're just one of those imbeciles who believed her tell tales and got schemed uh? You should never trust a woman like her, she would sell her mum for money..

z- *chuckles*

ar- what are you laughing at, greenhead?

z- *hardly speaking* ..you think you're teaching me something? ..as if I didn't know she was rotten from the inside, you underestimate me, the fish! *smirks*

ar- so why did you come on my territory, young fool?

z- *coughs blood*... you may know my name, don't you know what they call me?

ar- oh I know, Pirate Hunter, the boy every pirate tried to kidnap to get Mihawk's head... the devilish boy from an evil family, the boy who was never afraid to kill, I know your reputation

z- .. here's your answer *coughs*

ar- what Nami could've done for you kill all my men just to find her?

z- .. this witch stole my sword

ar- *chuckles* you risked your life for a sword? *laughs*

z- This sword is worth more than you and all of your crew together ».

Mad, Arlong pressed his neck tighter. Zoro coughed because it was getting hard to breathe. Nami who was stuck in place until then, suddenly realised she had to do something or Zoro could actually die.

« n- OI ! Arlong ».

Arlong turned his face towards the familiar voice he just heard while keeping the pressure on Zoro's neck.

« ar- look who's here.. my dear Nami.. what a joy to see you here

n- We both know that if you weren't busy with him, it would be me in his place

ar- *chuckles* All alright, you got a point... you and I have a lot to talk about ».

Nami noticed Zoro was slowly losing consciousness, and Arlong perfectly knew what he was doing.

« n- we can talk about whatever you want.. in one and one..

ar- you don't want your new friends to listen to what you have to say?

n- not sure friends would be the most accurate word

ar- isn't it? counting the distance he traveled just to kill you, ain't that the kindest gesture someone ever did for you

n- ...

ar- don't make this face... ».

He said with a sadic smirk before letting Zoro fall into the sort of pool under him. Nami wasn't expecting it, so she gasped in surprise. But the thing that made her feel so powerless was when she saw that Zoro wasn't coming back from under the water.

« ar- what? You said he wasn't your friend, didn't you?

n- .. and so I should let him die?

ar- he was about to kill you so.. I feel like it's fair game ».