Chapter 56

Outside, Nami was running towards the safe place, as fast as she could, wondering what could have caught the attention of the fishmen for so long. 

10:46 pm 

She arrived at the bunker, opened the door, and jumped inside. Everyone inside looked towards the door. 

«ge- Nami ?!! 

n- Genzo !! thanks God, you're alive!». 

She walked towards him, and saw Luffy, Usopp and Sanji. 

«n- UH ?!! what are you guys doing here ?!! 

lu- we came to help you shishiii 

san- I'm so happy you're alive Nami-swaannn!!

n- but.. what? How? 

us- uh, well, that's a long story.. I wouldn't know how to explain that.. 

ge- where were you? 

n- Kuroobi caught me, but then he's gone, is Tama here? 

ge- yeah, yeah, don't worry ». 

Nami rushed to the bedroom Genzo had shown her. She saw her sister, peacefully sleeping, next to Mummy Mee. She timidly walked closer and softly asked :

« n- how is she? 

mu- she's not often awake.. she's very weak, Nami.. 

n- ... yeah.. I know... *tries to keep the face* .. I know.. ». 

She bent, looking at Tama and stroking her hair for a few seconds. Until it was too hard to see her so weak so she left the room. 

«ge- Nami.. 

n- it's fine.. 

ge- what happened?

n- nothing 

us- uh.. sorry to interfere but where's Zoro? 

n- .. Zoro? 

us- yeah, Zoro, he left for Arlong's park a few hours ago! 

san- damn, this shitty mosshead lost himself again 

ge- so how did you leave ?? ». 

Nami didn't understand it all, and then, all of a sudden, she understood it all at once. Zoro was the distraction she used to run away, and she left him alone there. 

Her face froze in shock

Her face froze in shock. She took a second for herself and took a deep breath. 

« n- I need to take a breath ». 

Nami walked out of the bunker and almost did a panic attack. She walked through the trees, banging on the branches, to her father's grave, where she knelt, overwhelmed. She cried alone, for a moment, until she saw some light, and smelled something: the scent of burning. She looked up and in the distance, she was a village burning, she understood it might be fishmen's revenge for her escape. In reality, it was not really about her, but more about the fact that Zoro had killed many fishmen, in the name of Nami's escape. She didn't have the strength to move, feeling her legs like paralysed, she could only cry, unable to stop herself, and all the hatred, fear, frustration and powerlessness she had built up over the years was getting the better of her, right now. In her distress and tears, she lowered her head and glanced at her tattoo... She couldn't bear to have that tattoo, representing all that was negative in her life, so she screamed Arlong's name and, in a fit of hatred, she grabbed the dagger she used to hide near her father's grave just in case, and she stabbed her own arm, right on the tattoo. While howling at the top of her lungs 'Arlong', with all the hatred she was feeling, she stabbed over and over again. Until some hand stopped her. She looked up, confused and completely caught off guard. And she saw him, Luffy, stopping her from hurting herself.