Chapter 55

7:22 pm

The night had fallen on Cocoyashi, and Genzo was telling guys what had happened on the island ever since Arlong was there. Everything the village endured, how Arlong built his park and made the island his kingdom. How he killed Nami's father, and so many other people, and how Nami worked for them ever since to spare the rest of the village, in secret, sacrificing her entire life, both socially and intellectually since she couldn't go to school anymore. How she started to scheme people, especially men, to bring money and pay the village's debt. How Tama started to be sick, the fact they needed always more money, and that Nami had to work even more for it. How Bellemere reacted when she learned about it, how shocked and powerless she felt and then decided to bring Nami away, with all her family, because she was scared for her. How Arlong discovered Bellemere's plan and kidnapped Tama to ruin it, and how he kept her ever since to prevent their scheming. How they were forced to leave the island, but still kept paying everyone's debt no matter what. How the fishmen reacted to the article stating that Nami had killed one of them, and how Marjorie, her grandmother, mysteriously died the following day. How Genzo risked his life to take Tama from them, when, after studying the guards and the plans, taking advantage of a few minutes' inattention, he and a few villagers broke into the room where she was being held and escaped with her and enough medicine to last barely a week.

7:34 pm

It was too much for Zoro, he couldn't hear more so he stood up and left. No one really paid attention since they were all listening to Genzo's narrative. By some miracle, Zoro ended up out of this sort of bunker. He looked around him, and only saw trees, then he remembered the description Genzo gave about Arlong Park, a luminous amusement park-like, supposedly not too far away from where he was. He looked up and barely saw a light through the trees' branches, he decided he would follow it. He walked for a few minutes, lost himself, and finally arrived in a small village. He realised he had been following a random street lamp all along. He sighed, and not losing hope, he looked up again, looking for another glimmer in the sky. He indeed saw a bigger source of light that seemed to come from a place not so far away, and he was gone.

7:51 pm

« san- my poor Nami-swan, she's been through so much

us- yeah, I feel so bad for her, I hope she's okay

lu- she's so strong.. she's gonna be okay ».

Usopp suddenly realised he didn't feel that negative aura behind him when Sanji spoke about Nami. He turned back and saw: nothing. Zoro wasn't there anymore.

«us- UH !!? where is Zoro?

san- this Marimo, got lost while being sat... ?

g- where is your friend?

us- I don't know! He was there.. a minute ago ».

Luffy laughed and Sanji asked :

« san- why you laughing ?

lu- *smiling* I'm sure he's about to kick those fish's asses *chuckles*

g- what ?!! but he's gonna get killed !

lu- Shiihihihihi, don't worry for Zoro

g- boy, you have no idea how strong they are

lu- you have no idea who Zoro is, he's gonna be ok ».

They looked for him in the whole kind of house that was this bunker, but he was nowhere to be found.

« lu- look, it's okay, as soon as the sun is up, we'll be ready, waiting for this Arlington, Zoro can wait