Chapter 41

When Nami woke up, she looked around and saw Zoro sleeping. She smiled, and then remembered the night before, and her smile quickly disappeared. She sat up and took her phone and noticed it was already 2 in the afternoon. She sighed, knowing she would be tired for the rest of the day. She stood up and looked at herself in the mirror to see if the bruises on her neck were still visible. In fact, she discovered that she only had a couple of little bruises. How did Zoro even notice them, she thought?

« z- trying to hide already ? ».

She's been surprised by his voice, and turned to him, before processing what he said, and answering with irony.

« n- if it wasn't my house, I'd be far far away, right now

z- *ironic* nice..

n- you mad ?

z- .. why don't you tell me ?

n- because... it's fine.. like... who cares ?

z- I do

n- ... please

z- fine, you don't wanna talk about it.. don't

n- will you sulk ?

z- no

n- will you pout ?

z- no, Nami, we're not 12

n- .. I know...

z- relax

n- ..

z- I won't bother you with this any longer

n- you don't bother me.. I just... it's hard for me to talk

z- it's fine

n- thanks.. ».

She sat back next to him.

« n- won't your dad be mad at you for missing uni and training for so long ?

z- oh you want me to leave now ?

n- no, no, I just don't want you to get in trouble, you can stay here as long as you want, my bedroom's yours

z- I was kidding, relax

n- .. sorry... I'm.. I'll take a shower, I'll feel better after this

z- okay ».

She kissed him and went to the bathroom. Obviously, as soon as she left, Zoro closed his eyes and fell asleep. When Nami walked out of the shower, she felt so much better, she always loved her personal time in the bathroom. And taking a rear view of her life in a comforting and warm atmosphere seemed to make everything easier for her. She grabbed a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and put it on before noticing Zoro was asleep, she smiled and walked downstairs to make breakfast. Nami put some music on, not too loud, and made herself breakfast, in a light and good mood. She texted the group with Kaya, Vivi and Usopp telling them what happened for the last few days.

« - what the fuck's that shitty music ?!!!!! ».

Nami's been confused hearing that unfamiliar voice from the living room, while there was not supposed to be anyone there. She grabbed the first thing she saw, which was a broom, and walked to the kitchen's entrance and she saw a half-naked, red-haired guy walking towards her.

« n- God !! that's you !

kidd- what do you think you're doing with this broom ? ».

She realised she was holding this like some kind of weapon. She put it back against the wall and said.