Chapter 9

Amal

4:50pm

I was sitting down on the swing, looking up at the beautiful sky.  The sun was about to set, and I didn't want to miss it.

I was wearing the shades Aisha got for me for my birthday, and I made sure to put on sunscreen.

I decided to call Ibrahim, I love listening to everything he has to say. He's very smart and understanding, and I love the fact that he's religious. He picked up on the first ring.

"Assalamualaikum Amal." his voice came through from the other line.

"Waalaikumusalam" I murmured.

"Let's switch to video call. I want to see your face." He said with his deep and melodic voice, the sound of it send chills down my spine.

Ya rabb!

"Sure." I voiced out.
"I love watching you talk." He said with so much confidence.
"Me too actually." I said while giggling.

'Is this earth? Is he real? Or am I just dreaming??' my subconscious asked .

'Shut the fuck up. Of course he's real, he is Fadila's brother, bitch.'
'Haewww princess you are not being delulu!'

We spoke for a while, then he told me he had something to do, so I ended the call.  He also said to me that the next time we get on a call, I'm going to recite the Quran for him.

Earlier today, Fadila had called me to inform me that they were coming. Since it was few hours to Iftar, I decided to place turaren wuta and inscense sticks everywhere so that the house would smell nice. I then turned on the air conditioning.  I mean, what's better than a clean, cold, and nice-smelling house, right?
We do this everyday, I don't know why I was nervous. Maybe it's because of Ibrahim or the fact that I'd be meeting their parents for the first time.

Mum had told the maid not to do anything else other than small chops, I told her I was going to make all the food today.
For the appetizer, I made fruit salad, with a side of Greek yogurt. Then for the main dish, I made chicken shawarma, fried rice, chicken pepper soup, and biryani. For dessert, I made cupcakes, strawberry cheese cake, and pudding.

It was already 6pm by the time I was done, so I went to my closet to look for an outfit to wear. Honestly, I didn't see anything. The whole closet was a mess. I was looking for something modest but I didn't want to wear an abaya. After searching everywhere for a long while, I remembered a silk dress which I had gotten at the mall and never had the chance to wear. I heard their car pulling up in the driveway. I quickly got dressed and took a glance at my dress one more time. The dress was indeed stunning and modest, it was nude in color I picked up a brown jersey scarf to match it. I used gold accessories to complement my outfit. I looked at myself in the full length mirror to see if I looked good and of course I did, I always do.

Today I used Ya Faruk's Oud. The perfume brand he uses is one of the best, his perfumes smell like heaven.

A knock came from the door and Amira entered the room and informed me that everyone was waiting for me downstairs. I told her I'll be there in a minute

It's not like I'm getting married, why is everyone waiting for me??

I took one final look and went downstairs.