EPISODE SIX

— Y/N POV —

[ *chrip chrip* ] "Y/n!" "Y/n!" "Y/n!". Finally I open my eyes and I'm immediately blinded by the sun "Oh shit!" I say sitting up fast covering my eyes. I crawl to the end of the roof and see Darry , Two-bit , and Soda standing on the grass looking at the roof "What?" I yell back slightly "Get off the roof!" Darry says. I look around and notice yeah I'm still on the roof "Oh..Okay!" I say crawling over the end of the roof with the crates and start to get off safely. They meet me at the back off the house "Well good morning sleeping beauty" Soda says while they stop and watch me walk down the crates "You feeling alright?" Darry asks "Yeah , why wouldn't I be?" I ask finally getting off the last crate "It was awfully cold , Pony came in at 2:00 am told us you wouldn't wake up. He was scared you died" Darry says and I laugh a little "We're all going go to the diner for lunch" Two-bit says "What time is it?" I ask them rubbing my head "Around 11" Soda says "Damn, how long did I sleep..?" I say quietly to myself. "Hey language young lady" Darry says "Sorry..I'm going to go to the house and shower and get dressed" I say turning around towards them "Okay but don't be to long" Two-bit says I nod and start for the house.

— 39 minutes later —

I walk back into the house "I'm ready guys" I say closing the door "Finally , I've been hungry for hours" Soda says "Sorry , I don't take 10 minutes showers" I say to him and he flicks my head I punch his arm "Cut it out you two" Darry says "Cmon Y/n" Two-bit says "What where are we goin?" I ask him "Well Darry's truck can't fit all of us and we ain't going to walk so we're going to get dad's car" he says. I stay quiet and just follow him back to the house.

— 15 minutes later —

We get back to Pony's house in my dad's sage green mustang which surprisingly had gas still in. Everyone besides Soda was standing outside and watch as we stop behind Darry's truck. "Soda , Me , Pony in my truck" Darry says "Two-bit , Y/n , Johnny in the mustang" he adds "Dally just called and said he'd meet us at the diner" Soda says running out of the house "What about Steve?" Darry asks looking at his truck "Said he couldn't make it" Soda says. I notice Pony drop his shoulder in a sense of relief "(Do you not like Steve?)" I ask Ponyboy in my head "Okay well , Two-bit you good?" Darry asks looking at my brother parked behind him "Yeah" he says back I notice Johnnys gone then look in the mirror and see his sitting in the back with his arm on the seat. "Why do I have to go with you guys?" Ponyboy asks Darry "Because you're my kid brother, now get in" Darry says pushing him a little too make him get in the truck while Darry walks to the drivers side and hops in , we wait for Soda to get in then the truck takes off we follow behind them. Two-bit plays some music "Man , this is a tough car" Johnny says in the back like this is his first car ride in a mustang , it might be but I won't ruin it for him. "You like?" Two-bit asks him like a dad looking in the mirror at Johnny "Hell yeah" Johnny says with a smile and while they talk I stay quiet watching people in the stores and diner through the windows.

We get to the diner and park in the parking lot. We wait for Darry to get out of truck which isn't very long [ *slam* ] he gets out of the truck and walks over to our which very far away "What do y'all want?" he asks "Chili cheese fries and a burger" Two-bit says "Get me a burger and coke with fries" I add "Same here" Johnny says. I dig around in my pockets for money "Okay , you go over with Soda and Pony we're sitting outside" Darry says getting ready to walk off "Here" I say handing him enough money to cover for me , Two-bit , and Johnny "You sure?" he asks I nod he takes the money and heads for the diner. We get out and walk over to Soda and Pony pushing tables together under the shaded outdoor seating area connected to the diner. Once the put enough takes together we sit , on the left side : Darry , Soda , Two-bit , and Dally (hopefully) then on the right : Ponyboy , me , Johnny.

"Alright so I got everyone what the wanted and I got Dal a burger and a coke" he says sitting down on the end of the right side. Everyone starts talking and after a few minutes of talking I notice something in the left corner of my eyes It's Dally "(Oh fuck)" I think to myself and my leg starts to shake slightly. Johnny seems to notice this "You okay?" he asks me quietly "No not really" I say then before he can respond Dally sits down by Two-bit. Everyone greets him but I stay silent he notices and looks at me , the waitress comes out and brings our food and drinks "Here you go" she says placing the tray of food down then the tray of drinks "Let me know if you need anything else" she says smiling at Darry "Yeah we will.." he says watching her walk back inside "Darry that's a teenager" Soda says noticing him too "That is not a teenager , that is a young woman" Darry says looking at Soda "How would you know?" Soda asks him "Went to school with her" he says taking a bite off his burger. We all get our food after Pony passed it out and drinks after Soda passed them out and we start eating I grab a fry and realize Dally's watching me while the whole left side has a conversation while the right side just listens. I take a bite of my fry slowly I chew slowly and swallow slowly when I glance back over Dally is finally invested in their conversation and not invested in me I feel comfortable and start eating on my burger [ *burp* ] I look over at Johnny while he finishes burping "You're gross" I say smiling at him "Well sorry little ms soc" he says smiling back at me "Y/n doesn't want to be a soc anymore" Ponyboy says looking at Johnny too after he drops this bomb everyone goes silent "(You just can't shut up)" I say to Pony in my head "You don't want to be a soc?" Darry asks at me. I set my burger down "No not really" I say looking at him everyone goes quiet again and I'm desperate for someone to say something "Well you have your greaser clothes and a blade , so you're already a greaser" Two-bit says "Well I don't want to be a greaser either" I say nervously "Then what are you?" Dally asks "Both" "Look I have soc friends and I love the fashion and I have greaser friends and the style is comfortable" I explain hoping that they'll see the vision and shut up "So you're going to be a soc one day then a greaser the next?" Soda asks understanding a bit , I nod. "Whatever makes you happy" he says after and smiles which makes me feel better then everyone goes back to eating. Pony leans to my ear "I think you need to tell Cherry" he says I nod and ask "Brother after we get done here can you take me to my friends for a bit?" and he nods.

After a good 15 - 20 minutes were all done eating just sitting around talking "So what'd call you?" Johnny asks "Y/n or Little Ms Soc , it has a nice ring to it" I say smiling at him "Well okay then little ms soc" he says smiling back "Cmon cheers to little ms soc" Ponyboy says to me and Johnny holding his coke up a little we hit our bottle together [ *clink* ] we all take a sip and smile at each other. "You got a cigarette?" I ask Pony "Yeah , here" he says handing me the cigarette and the lighter , I light it and pass it onto Johnny "Well look at the wonder triplets smoking" Two-bit says drawing attention to us "We're calling them the wonder triplets again?" Soda asks and my brother agrees "Well finally I've been holding back on calling you guys that" he says happily "Yeah sure , can you take me to Cherry's now" I ask him "I guess" he says getting up I follow his lead "Johnny you coming?" he asks and Johnny nods following us.

We pull up infront of Cherry's house after multiple missed turns , fights , and ran stop signs. "I'll be back" I say closing the car door and I walk up the steps to the door [ *knock* *knock* ] I wait patiently for someone to open the door , the door clicks and opens I hope it Cherry and it is "Hey Y/n!" she smiles brightly "Hey Cherry!" I say smiling brightly back "What brings you by?" she asks "Just wanted to tell you..." I stop for second "That I don't want to be a soc anymore" I finally get out she stares at me silently  "Oh okay , so you're a greaser?" she asks "Not exactly , I love the style of socs and the attitude of the greasers and socs" I say trying to keep it simple "So you're both or neither?" she asks I nod. She pulls me into a hug and I hug back "Want to go to the drive-in later?" she asks as we both pull away "Yeah sure" I say "Okay , great and bring that Ponyboy. He's real charming" she says "Oh I bet he is to you" I say "Be quiet but thank you for coming to me" she says "Of course" "I'll see you tonight" I say "See you" she says waving then closing the door.

I make my way back to the car "So I take it that it went well?" Two-bit asks me "Yeah , can you take me to the drive-in tonight?" I ask him getting in the car "As long as you're not going alone" he says starting up the car and taking off back to Pony's "Hey Johnny" "Want to come?" I ask turning around to face Johnny in the back "Sure" he says with a smile "Johnnys coming with me" I say looking at my brother while his eyes stay on the road "Fine then , you outta bring Ponyboy" he adds "Oh I am" I say looking at the road too. After telling Cherry I can finally say that I'm a greaser-soc comfortably knowing that I still have a friend I can trust.