ESPISODE FIVE

— Y/N POV —

[ *click* ] In walks my brother caring a plastic bag "Oh hey Y/n..you feeling better?" he asks sitting the bag on the sofa then coming over to me and Johnny "Yeah.." I say quietly forcing a rasp voice "Who made pancakes?" he asks grabbing one "I helped Johnny make them" I say clearing my throat and he nods in agreement "Mm..well you two want to go to Pony's?" he asks munching on his pancake. I look at Johnny and looks back at me "Yeah sure" I say looking back at Two-bit "Alright , you two finish eating up while I take a quick nap. Wake me up when you two are done" he says walking into his room. "Do you really want to go to Pony's?" Johnny asks taking a bite "Yeah of course, and plus I want to spend sometime with Two-bit" I say taking a bit as well "You want to spend time with Two-bit? Why?" he asks "Just haven't talked to him in a long time" I say taking a bite of toast and he nods with a look on his face like he doesn't believe me and I notice this and break eye contact with him "Who do you think took Pony to school?" Johnny asks "Darry , most definitely Darry" I say mid bite "We should go back to the park when we get there" he adds "There's no way Darry's lettin him out of the house now" I say "We could all go over to the park like we used to when we were young" he says smiling softly "Oh yeah , those were fun times. Me , you , Pony getting in trouble for running to much" I say "Remember when you and Pony broke each other's arms?" he asks me "Mhm , he made me mad that day so I just snapped his arm" I giggle "What'd he even do?" he asks curiously "He got me in tag" I say. He laughs a little "So why'd he get you?" and asks "Well I broke his arm didn't I?" I ask smiling. My face starts hurting then I realize that I've been smiling more then I have in the whole week and it's just when I'm with Johnny..."You full?" he asks me "Yeah , I'll wake up my brother" I say getting up and heading over to his door.

[ *knock* *knock* ] I knock gentle and hear a tired "What?" from Two-bit "We're done eating" I say "Oh okay let me put my jacket on" he says and I walk back into the living room "He comin?" Johnny asks putting his jacket on as well "Yeah , he's got to put his jacket on" I say. And out he walks of his room "Alright let's go" Two-bit says leading us out the front door , off we go to Pony's house.

We walk on the sidewalk with Two-bit by the road , me in the middle , and Johnny by the grass. "Two-bit..." I say looking at my brother "Hmm?" he asks looking back at me "I was wondering if you wanted to clean up dads grave with me" I say looking back at the sidewalk "You know because mama said that it's messy" I add quietly "Mhm , sure I think it'd be nice" he says "This weekend?" he adds I nod. While me and Two-bit talked about our dad Johnny stayed silent and I forget he was there until I turn my head to the left and see Johnnys eyes glued to the ground. I look down at my hands and notice how cold I am , I try to warm up my hands , I desperately look up while rubbing my hands together until I feel a warm hand grab my left hand. I look down at my hand and to the left and see Johnny has grabbed my hand while he looks around like he's not doing anything. "(What..)" I think to myself , I get mad that he's not looking at me it's like he's giving me charity for having a natural human instinct and feels bad "(Should I just yank my hand away?)" "(No that'd be mean , and we're almost to Pony's I can last a few more minutes)".

— Y/N POV —

— JOHNNY POV —

I grab her hand and I look around because my face gets hot "(Maybe she'll get the hint)" "(Hopefully she will)". I can feel her slightly moving her hand then putting it back fast , I notice how we're almost to Pony's and hope that we can stay like this the rest of the way.

— END OF JOHNNY POV —

— Y/N POV —

"Why didn't you go to school?" Ponyboy asks me as we sit outside on the roof just us two "Didn't feel good.." I say sighing looking at the stars. He takes a cigarette out and a lighter "Want one?" he asks looking at me I take it reluctantly because I know he's pissed I left him alone at school today. We sit in silence for what seems like a year until he says "I like you.." I dart my head over to him while he's already looking at me "What?" I ask shocked "I liked you" he says clarifying I'm relieved. "When?" I ask "When we were kids" he says looking back at the stars "We were just close and I started to care about you a lot more" he says "For my birthday I was hoping I'd get a kiss from you" "It was stupid.." he says looking down "Why?" I ask him "Well I knew you wouldn't actually kiss me" he says while we make eye contact "You're birthday..when is it?" I ask him "I don't even know anymore" he says laughing quietly then I just put my lips against his , he waits for a few seconds until kissing me back. He places his hand on my face and we kiss for a few seconds until I stop I open my eyes and notice tears falling onto his cheeks "What's wrong?" I ask him worried I had just ruined our friendship again "Thank you.." he says hugging me tightly I stop for a seconds then wrap my arms around him too. We hug for a long time until he lets go and lays down with his back on the roof and I join him "I like Cherry" he says "I know" I say unshocked "Who do you like?" he asks me I hesitate for a second which feels like an eternity "Johnny..." I say "But Dallas...makes me feel weird" I say "Weird like what?" Pony asks me "I don't know his flirting gives me butterflies but fear" I say "But I know I like Johnny more" I add "Today for lunch I went to the diner and seen Dal , we ate together asked where you were and when I said I didn't know he told me that he likes you" Pony says "And we get a break for about 2 weeks , they need to renovate" he adds as I feel relieved again. "Dallas is older than me right?" I ask "How old are you?" he asks me "15" I respond "Yeah , 2 years" "But Johnny man , he'll treat you better than Dally ever could" he says putting out his cigarette as it reaches the butt "Dallas is almost and adult , he'd actually go for a kid?" I ask "He wants what he wants" Pony says I shiver uncomfortably "I'm just so tired" I say sitting up with tears forming. Fuck. "Why?" Pony asks sitting up by me "I'm just sick of this , everything , everyone" I say with a breaking voice "I might kill myself or something" I say while the tears finally fall "Cmon Y/n , you can't kill yourself" he says wrapping his arm around me "Why can't I? My dads dead , My own brother hates me , and a pervert likes me!" "Nothings getting better" I say in the ugliest voice ever he doesn't say anything and just rubs my back I appreciate this it reminds me of how Two-bit comforted me that night and I thought if I should tell Pony about what I did "Pony.." I say sniffling "Hm?" he asks rubbing my back still "I...uhm..I used to cut myself.." I say nervously "Yeah..I figured" he says in a calm way which brings me even more comfort "And I don't want to be a soc anymore.." I say this one shocks him "Why not?" he asks "I'm not happy as one , most of my friendships aren't genuine besides..Cherry" I say quietly "She asked about you , said she didn't know what to do without you for two weeks" "She told me to tell you she wants you over , any day , any time , she'll open her door for you" he says "Really?" I ask with a slight smile and he nods smiling back "Hey don't pay attention to Dal , just Johnny. You two are perfect for each other" he says to me "Well what am I supposed to do?" I ask him "Just show him you care , make the first move , Johnnys to shy but once he gets the hint he'll return the favor" he explains.

"So I just start showing him affection?" I ask scared "Yeah , trust me. Johnny is very easy to read" he says unwrapping his arm off me , we lay back down and just watch the stars until we drift off to sleep.