THIRTY-FOUR, BUTTERBEER WITH REMUS AND HARRY!

CASSIE WAS GETTING TIRED now, since school start again, she had been incredibly busy

CASSIE WAS GETTING TIRED now, since school start again, she had been incredibly busy. She had been drinking a potion every night, just like Dumbledore and Poppy suggested.

She have been doing homework after homework, she have been going to meetings with Professor Dumbledore so he could try and help her control her nightmares.

Lee had forced Cassie to say some things when Ravenclaw played Slytherin; Slytherin won, and Cassie let out the louded 'Boo' into the microphone when Lee was announcing the winner.

Hermione barely spoke to them now, she was constantly doing homework from all of her classes ( she took every single class, and Cassie wasn't sure how she managed when the blonde could just about manage with doing three classes - nevermind the rest of them. )

"How's she doing it?" Ron muttered to Harry, Cassie and Callie one evening as Harry sat finishing a nasty essay on Undetectable Poisons for Snape. Callie was trying to help him, but Harry just wasn't getting it. Cassie, however, was in a world of her own. The three looked over at Hermione who was barely visible behind a tottering pile of books.

"Doing what?" They all asked in confusion.

"Getting to all her classes!" Ron replied. "I heard her talking to Professor Vector, that Arithmancy witch, this morning. They were going on about yesterday's lesson, but Hermione can't've been there, because she was with us in Care of Magical Creatures! And Ernie McMillan told me she's never missed a Muggle Studies class, but half of them are at the same time as Divination, and she's never missed one of them either!"

Neither of them got to reply as Oliver Wood appeared in front of them.

"Bad news, Harry. I've just been to see Professor McGonagall about the Firebolt. She -- er -- got a bit shirty with me. Told me I'd got my priorities wrong. Seemed to think I cared more about winning the Cup than I do about you staying alive. Just because I told her I didn't care if it threw you off, as long as you caught the Snitch first." Oliver shook his head in disbelief. "Honestly, the way she was yelling at me...you'd think I'd said something terrible. Then I asked her how much longer she was going to keep it..." He screwed up his face and imitated Professor McGonagall's severe voice. "As long as necessary, Wood"... I reckon it's time you ordered a new broom, Harry. There's an order form at the back of Which Broomstick... you could get a Nimbus Two Thousand and One, like Malfoy's got."

"I'm not buying anything Malfoy thinks is good," said Harry plainly.

Callie snorted, "I don't blame you," she told him, "I can just imagine his ugly face right now."

Cassie smirked when she watched Callie speak, she was lying right to their faces. Callie avoided her twin's eyes. Cassie was so definitely going to question her later.

~~~~

CASSIE DIDN'T BOTHER QUESTIONING CALLIE, instead she went to Remus' office ( taking Millie with her ), not expecting Harry to be in there. "Oh," she said, looking between the two. Remus smirked. "I'll come back later."

"Nonsense," Remus said as Cassie avoided his eyes. "We're more than happy for you to be here, aren't we, Harry?"

Harry was like a deer caught in headlights. "Oh, uh, yeah," He nodded his head, making Cassie grin as she approached them and sat herself on top of Remus' desk. "I'm just learning how to do the patronus charm."

Cassie looked between Harry and Remus, "Because of the dementors, right?" She asked, making them both nod their heads. She smiled brightly, placing Millie on Remus' desk and she just sat there.

"Here," Remus handed Harry a drink, before passing one to Cassie, "You've earned a drink, Harry. Something from the Three Broomsticks. You won't have tried it before--"

"Butterbeer!" Harry interrupted, making Cassie shoot him a look. "Yeah, I like that stuff!"

Remus raised an eyebrow, looking between the duo. Cassie sipped on the butterbeer, avoiding her father's eyes. "Oh," Harry said, "Ron, Callie and Hermione brought me some back from Hogsmeade last time they went."

"I see," Remus said. Cassie knew he didn't believe him. "Well, let's drink to a Gryffindor victory against Ravenclaw! Not that I'm supposed to take sides, as a teacher."

Cassie grinned at him, "I take sides, too." She told him, "I have never cheered for Hufflepuff, I've always been team Gryffindor, I have to be because of Callie, although she is only a backup chaser so she hardly plays."

Harry looked at Cassie, before looking back at Remus, "What's under a dementor hood?"

"Hmmm... well, the only people who really know are in no condition to tell us. You see, the Dementor lowers its hood only to use its last and worst weapon." Remus told him, with Cassie listening to every word. She wanted to know, too.

"What's that?" They both asked simultaneously.

"They call it the Dementor's Kiss," said Remus. "It's what Dementors do to those they wish to destroy utterly. I suppose there must be some kind of mouth under there, because they clamp their jaws upon the mouth of the victim and -- and suck out his soul."

Harry accidentally spat out a bit of butterbeer. Cassie's eyes widened.

"What -- they kill --?"

"Oh no," Remus shook his head. "Much worse than that. You can exist without your soul, you know, as long as your brain and heart are still working. But you'll have no sense of self anymore, no memory, no... anything. There's no chance at all of recovery. You'll just exist. As an empty shell. And your soul is gone forever... lost."

Cassie hated the thought of the dementor kiss; It made the hair on her arms stand up, it made her stomach swirl with uneasiness.

Remus drank a little more butterbeer, then said, "It's the fate that awaits Sirius Black. It was in the Daily Prophet this morning. The Ministry have given the Dementors permission to perform it if they find him."

Cassie pursed her lips, picking Millie up and giving her a kiss on the head. Harry, though he was stunned at what Remus just revealed, couldn't help but let his eyes wander over to Cassie as he smiled in adoration.

"He deserves it," he said suddenly, looking away from Cassie and back to Remus.

"You think so?" said Remus lightly. "Do you really think anyone deserves that?"

Cassie didn't think anybody deserved the dementors kiss, the thought of it happening to Sirius made her sick but she knew, as long as she was around, it wouldn't happen. After all, Dumbledore said she was his guardian angel.

A/N: Honestly, I am so bored of Prisoner of Azkaban already, which is why I'm either updating this fic everytime I write a chapter or I just spam update. I want to come to the end of PoA so bad, but I have to write the in between parts ( the boring parts ). I am so excited for Buckbeak's execution as we get another cute moment between Harry and Cassie. Also, I am incredibly ill rn and supposed to be doing work that is due in Friday but I cba!!!
QOTD: if i published the prequel about fran and remus, would anyone read it?