TEN - MALFOY'S ANNOYING VOICE!

CASSIE GROANED WHEN SHE HEARD PROFESSOR SNAPE'S VOICE, the man was awful, however she was quite good at potions so she's never experienced his bad side

CASSIE GROANED WHEN SHE HEARD PROFESSOR SNAPE'S VOICE, the man was awful, however she was quite good at potions so she's never experienced his bad side. Malfoy had entered the class late, blaming the sling on his arm. Somehow the sling made him forget directions to classrooms. Not only did he sound stupid, but he looked it, too.

"Settle down, settle down," said Professor Snape, interrupting Pansy's and Draco's gross and stupid way of flirting.

Cassie shivered in disgust as she watched Pansy stare at Draco, she was simply infatuated with him -- it was ridiculous. Even if they were in a different universe, Cassie knew she'd never like Draco; The thought of being his friend sent shivers down her spine. Cassie was so deep in thought, that she didn't even hear Snape tell them what potion they were making.

"Shrinking Solution," whispered Callie, moving to set her cauldron up by Harry and Ron. Cassie quickly followed her, sitting next to Harry as the only spare seat was at the bottom of the table, opposite them all. Of all people, Malfoy chose to sit there.

"Sir," Malfoy called, "sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm—"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," said Snape without looking up.

Ron went red, and Cassie immediately felt bad for him.

"There's nothing wrong with your arm," Ronhissed at Malfoy.

Malfoy smirked across the table. "Weasley, you heard Professor Snape; cut up these roots."

Callie couldn't hide the look of annoyance that was plastered on her face.

Ron seized his knife, pulled Malfoy's roots toward him, and began to chop them roughly, so that they were all different sizes.

"Professor," drawled Malfoy, "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir."

Snape approached their table, took one look at the mutilated roots, then gave Ron an unpleasant smile from beneath his long, greasy black hair. "Change roots with Malfoy, Weasley."

"But, sir—!" Ron had spent the last quarter of an hour carefully shredding his own roots into exactly equal pieces, and now he had to use uneven chopped roots.

"Now," said Snape in his most dangerous voice. Ron shoved his own beautifully cut roots across the table at Malfoy, then took up the knife again.

"And, sir, I'll need this shrivelfig skinned," said Malfoy, his voice full of malicious laughter.

"Potter, you can skin Malfoy's shrivelfig," said Snape, giving Harry the look of loathing he always reserved just for him.

As Harry began skinning the shrivelfig, Cassie swapped roots with Ron, throwing her mutilated ones into her cauldron, leaving Ron have beautifully cut up ones. He smiled, saying a small thank you, and using them.