Chapter 32: Poetry

Luna's Pov

What I am good at? I never thought about it. There was never a need, but since I talked with Stella, I have been feeling sceptical about Yale. I mean why do I want to go to Yale? Stella is right Cole is not the enough reason to choose Yale as my future. I am not even qualified enough to go to Yale. People like Cole and Charlotte are the Yale kind of people not someone like me, who does not even know what she wants to do in life. I do not even know what I am good at. I must be good at something right? Isn't everyone supposed to have inborn talent?

I picked a notepad from my desk and started to write the things which I think I am good at:

I know clothes I know which dress will suit me or anyone on different occasions. I know colours. I know which colour palate will be good for which event. I am good at planning things. I planned my mother's wedding alone; I had also planned Ray's and Cole's Birthday party.

What else I am good at?

"Miss Luna" Grace knocks interrupting my 'what I am good at thought process.'

"Yes Grace"

"Your mother is calling you?"

"Why?"

"Mrs Wright and Mr Ray are here"

"Ray and his mom" Why they have come here suddenly? Ray did not even tell me that he would be coming here today.

"Thank you Grace I will come down just give me a second" Grace nods and leaves.

I look at my notepad and the three things which I am good at. I cannot find any more things which I am good at. I sigh looking at the notepad this list is going nowhere I don't know what to do with these three things.

"Aah," I cry out of frustration.

"What's wrong with you?" Ray asks surprising me. When did he come?

"Nothing" I throw the notepad away from me. That list is making me more frustrated.

Ray picks up the notepad and reads it, he looks at it with curious eyes, "What is this?"

"List the things which I am good at, apparently I am only good at three things" I bury my face in my hands and cry.

"But why are you making this list? I mean what is the need?"

"Because I don't want to go to Yale"

Wow! Saying this out loud seems so real, and so good.

"But I thought you always wanted to go to Yale"

"No! I wanted to go to Yale because you wanted to go to Yale and then because of Cole, but now that I know that I do not want to go to Yale. I do not know what I want to do with my life"

"I am sorry, but you know, you will know eventually find out what you want to do. So don't worry"

"Really?"

"Yes, And Lu do not forget you are Luna Brown, you are good at more than these three things. This notepad will not be enough to write about all the things you are good at"

"Thank you"

"Now let's go down, both of our mothers are waiting" He, tells me with a smile and I nod.

...............

"I do not understand why both of you break up? You both used to look so good together" Ray's Mom says for the tenth time in the past half an hour.

"We just grew up," I tell her with a sigh. I can't play this nice nice game anymore. I am going to snap at her any movement.

"You remember Alison, once Ray proposed to Luna with my ring and Luna cried because she couldn't marry him because she didn't want to leave her, Dad"