Chapter 28: Lu

Luna's Pov

Oh my God, I will be late again. I literally run towards my class, bumping everyone in the corridor.

"Can't you see?", Someone, snaps at me.

" Can't you see I am getting late for class", I shot back, while running.

When I reach at the door of the class. I see everyone is talking and there is no sign of Mr. Smith.

"Where is Mr. Smith?", I ask Cole, who sitting on the first bench beside Charlotte.

" He has not come yet", he tells me.

"What?", I ask while trying to steady my breathing.

"Yeah", Cole gets up and gives his sit to me.

"I came running for his class, and he is late today?",

" Oh I am sorry, Lu!", he places a kiss on my forehead. I mistakenly glance at Charlotte, and she is looking at us with sad eyes. I know she still has feelings for Cole, but until she keeps her feelings to herself, I am fine with it.

"Oh! Where is Mr. Smith?", Ray asks, smiling at the door.

" He is late today", I scowl.

"What wrong with you?", Ray asks, walking towards us.

" I thought I was late, so I literally came running to class, but to my surprise, our Dearest Mr. Smith is late today", both Ray and Cole try to suppress laughs and I glare at them.

"By the way, did you get the messages?" Ray asks me.

Message?

"What? What message?",

" Today we have practice for debutant ball",

" You do practice debuting in society?" Cole remarks.

"It's a dance practice", Ray rolls his eyes.

He continues, "Be there at the community hall at 4 p.m. Lu",

" Lu? You call her Lu?", Cole asks Ray with a frown.

"Yes, I have always called her Lu, I think I was the first one to call her Lu", Ray tells him.

What is happening here? Why are these two behaving as if they have invented my nickname?

" Wait! My Dad used to call me Lu first, and you started to call me Lu because you were unable to pronounce my full name",

"You were unable to pronounce Luna?" Cole says with a smirk.

" Well, I was a kid", Ray tells him with a frown.

"Anyway", I interrupt their stupid competition," I will be there at 4:00 p.m. okay",

"Okay, Lu", Ray says while emphasizing Lu and going to his sit.

" You will come with me right?", I ask Cole.

"Ohh, I will not be able to make it, I have to go with Char for a check-up at Hospital," he tells me.

"What?" the annoyance is clear in my voice.

" Yeah, I am sorry, Lu",

"What about her Mom?",

" She has some work today", Cole's dearest Char tells me.

"Of course she has", I know what she is doing. She is trying to get attention from Cole, but I will not let that happen.

" Fine then I will practice with Ray then", I tell Cole with a smirk.

.................

"One step forward one step backward, keep your chin up, and look into each other's eyes", Mr. Kent instructs us. He is our dance instructor for the debutant ball.

"Why were you rude to Cole today?", I ask Ray while we dance together.

"What? I was not rude to him", Ray replies.

"Oh really? You were behaving as if you are jealous of him over me",

"Because I am jealous of him", he tells me.

"What? Why you are jealous of him when
you don't even have feelings for me?"

"Just because I don't have feelings for you, it doesn't mean that it doesn't affect me, watching you with another guy. Since we were kids I was the only guy in your life, and now there is Cole, so because of that I am jealous of him", I always forget the relationship which Ray and I have has deep roots, which we can never break away from we bound to each other forever.

"But still don't be rude to my boyfriend," I tell him.

"Okay Lu!", Rays says and we both burst into laughter.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked this chapter. I know this chapter is short, but I will make up for it with a long chapter next time. Don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX