Chapter 9: Pregnancy Secret

Cole's Pov

"Mrs. Brown, you are Pregnant", I ask her. Why didn't Luna tell me that her Mom is pregnant?

Instead of answering my question, she asks, "Cole! What are you doing here?",

" My friend met with an accident",

"How is your friend now?",

" She has suffered multiple fractures,",

"Oh! I hope your friend gets well soon", Why I am sensing that Mrs. Brown is trying to avoid my previous question.

" Mrs. Are you pregnant?", I ask her again and this time with a smile.

She sighs, " Yes! But please, you can't tell about this to Luna", she tells me.

"What Luna doesn't know that you are pregnant?", This explains why Luna didn't tell me that her Mom is pregnant because she didn't know in the first place.

"No",

" Why didn't you tell her?",

"Because I am afraid that Luna will not be happy with this news",

" What? Mrs. Brown, why would Luna not be happy with this pleasant news?", I ask her.

"Because Luna is an only child Cole, who has got everything she wants, who never shared anything with anyone, and now with the arrival of her sibling she has to share her mother and my relationship with Luna has only got better now, and I don't want to spoil anything. You remember how she reacted when she got to know that I am getting married again, and I don't know how she will react when she will get to know that I am pregnant", Now when Mrs. Brown has explained why she didn't tell Luna about her pregnancy, it all makes sense. Luna may not react happily to this news.

"You know right, you can't hide this from Luna forever",

" Yeah I will tell her at the right time, but until then, please doesn't tell Luna that I am pregnant", she pleads

"What? You want me to hide this from my girlfriend?", I ask her in surprise.

" Yes, I know it's wrong, and I know I am asking you to do something, which is hard for you, but for Luna’s sake, you have to hide this from her if she got to know about my pregnancy from someone else, she will not take it well", she tells me, and she is right, and I know about Luna's bad temper, but hiding this big news from Luna is wrong. Oh my God, what should I do?

"Cole, please for Luna's sake", Mrs. Brown pleads.

I sigh," Okay, but you have to tell Luna about your pregnancy soon",

"Okay, I promise I will tell her at the right time", she tells me.

I hope that the right time comes soon because hiding something from Luna will be very hard.

.................

I ring the doorbell of my house and Mom opens the door," How is Charlotte?," She asks.

Likewise, I tell her walking past her "She has suffered multiple fractures, as well as her neck is sprained and also her face is all bruised",

" Oh! My God! Poor girl, I will go today to visit her",

"Cole", Luna, comes out from Sarah's room with Sarah.

" Cole, how is Charlotte?", Sarah asks, I give her the same answer which I gave to Mom.

"It is so terrible. I hope she gets well soon", Sarah says

" We all hope the same for her", Luna says and looks at me, and her one look makes the secret in my stomach flutter.

I avoid eye contact with Luna, "I am tired I am going to fresh and up", I tell them and I go to my room.

Luna comes behind me and closes the door. And the secret in my stomach starts to flutter harder. Did Luna get to know about her Mom's pregnancy? And now she is mad at me because I hid that from her.

She hugs me and asks," Are you okay?",

I sigh and hug her back tightly, she doesn't know about the pregnancy secret. And I am stressing out without any reason. Luna doesn't know about her Mom's pregnancy, and she will not get to know about it from me as well.

"Yeah I am okay, just a little tired", I tell her, and I place a soft kiss on her lips,

"Okay, you fresh and up, and I will see what breakfast I can find for Nina?",

"I forgot about her, where is she?",

"She is playing in Sarah's room",

" Okay", Luna treats Nina as a little sister. Wouldn't she treat her younger sibling the same way? There are chances that Luna will be happy with her Mom's pregnancy, but there are more chances of her being getting hurt with this news. So for Luna's sake, I have to hide from her that her mother is pregnant.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX