Chapter 2: Surprise

Cole's Pov

"Good Morning Mom, wow! you are cooking", Surprise was not hidden in my voice. I have never seen my Mom cooking. And I always thought she doesn't know how to cook.

" Yeah, your Dad left early today for an early shift, so I am making today's breakfast", She tells me without turning away from the kitchen counter to look at me.

"Good Morning Sarah", I greet Sarah and sit beside her.

Good morning, by the way, you know how to cook Mom?",

" No! That is why we are having Bread and butter for breakfast",

"What? Dad never gave us bread and butter", Sarah whines.

" Well, I am not your Dad",

"You can never be like my Dad", Sarah glare at Mom, as giving her a warning for war. Sarah has not forgiven Mom for her abrupt behavior when Sarah came out, and honestly, speaking Mom never apologized to her, so the matter of forgiveness never occurred.

" It's fine, I like bread and butter, we can have bread butter", I try to cool down the surrounding environment.

"Good! By the way, where is your girlfriend?",

" She went home",

"Wow, she remembered she has home", Mom obviously doesn't like that Luna is spending too much time at our house, since my outburst before prom, Mom is trying to adjust to her new situation, not in a nice polite way, but in her usual cold mean way. Once in a while, she passes comments at Luna but Luna being Luna doesn't back down, she always has a witty mean reply for her.

" Mom!", I roll my eyes.

"Why Luna went home by the way?", Sarah asks.

" She didn't have her school make up kit here",

"What? She has a school makeup kit?", Sarah chuckles.

" Apparently she has",

"That Girl is spoiled completely", Mom says and sits with us for breakfast.

" Mom, please don't say that about her", I lose my patience and I snap at her.

"Wow, now you will snap at your mother because of that blonde girl",

" Mom, I am sorry, I didn't intend to snap!",

"I know you both don't like that I am here, don't worry I will move out from here, as soon as I get my salary", Dad gave my mom the job of a waitress at the restaurant he works.

" Mom I didn't say anything like that, and we both are delighted to have you here with us, isn't it Sarah?",

"Yes", she says with her perfect fake smile.

........................................................................

Luna's Pov

I apply rose pink color lipstick to my lips, and with that, I complete my today's makeup routine.

"Miss Luna, breakfast is ready, and your Mother is waiting for you at the table",

" Grace, please apologize to my mother on my behalf I will not be able to have breakfast with her today, I am already late for school, if I sit for breakfast I will miss my first class",

"But Miss Luna, your mother has been missing you these days, I think you should spend some time with her", Grace tells me with her usual polite smile.

" I miss her too. Tell her I will have dinner with her today, okay?",

"Okay, she will be delighted to hear this news", I am missing all this, my house, my room, Mom, Grace. I spent most days of summer at Cole's house and rarely at mine. Because he was reluctant to spend summer according to my lifestyle. So to make him happy and also to prove to him that I can also comprise things for him for our relationship. I spent my summer in Seattle instead of Paris or London.

............

I rush towards my class. Mr. Smith will be so mad at me for getting late for the first day of senior year. I can't believe it is my last year of high school. I am so excited about this year, this year will be the best year of my high school because Cole is by my side. And I don't think there is anything that can ruin my this year of high school.

As soon as I reach the door of the class, I say, "I am so sorry, Mr. Smith for getting la...", I stop dead unable to utter another word from my mouth, as I see her. As I see Charlotte.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the new chapter till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX