𝟡

-------------------------

(Ayana's POV)

My son has always been clever, but he's never been particularly skilled at concealing things. Unbeknownst to him, he often talks in his sleep, and one thing his night muttering was of Finn. I had my suspicions about him and Finn; their fleeting glances and lingering touches were more telling than they realized.

These subtle signs didn't escape my notice. The way they looked at each other held a depth of unspoken words, a language of emotion and connection. Even their body language spoke volumes - the slight brush of hands, the way they leaned into each other when they thought no one was watching.

As a mother, I observed these interactions with a mix of concern and hope. Concern, because I knew the challenges they might face in a world not always accepting of their kind of love. Hope, because seeing genuine affection in any form is a reminder of the beauty and diversity of love.

While I never broached the subject directly with my son, I made it a point to subtly assure him of my unconditional support and love. It was important to me that he knew, regardless of whom he chose to love, he would always have a safe haven in me.

So, when Finn came to me with a stag and a few hickeys clearly visible on his neck, I immediately knew they were marks from my son. I couldn't help but comment on it.

Finn initially appeared flustered when I pointed it out, but eventually, I coaxed the truth from him. The following day, he arrived with a pair of rings, revealing his intention to marry my son. After a thorough conversation with him to understand his intentions, and upon receiving the rings for enchantment, I began the meticulous process of imbuing them with magic.

I prepared the rings, gathering herbs and full moon-blessed water, and set to work on the enchantments. As I began the ritual, I chanted, "Benedicat annulos pro duobus coniugatis," invoking blessings for the union of the two.

While infusing the rings with the three requested enchantments - binding, danger alert, and presence sensing -, I also took the liberty of adding a layer of protective and preserving spells on the rings. It was crucial to ensure not only the strength of their bond but also their safety from any harm that might come their way, and make sure the rings coudnt be damaged no matter the wear or tear.

As Finn collected the rings from me, I found myself inquiring about his plans. "Where and when do you intend to propose? I'd like to help make it memorable," I offered. He looked at me thoughtfully before responding, "I plan to propose after spending a night at our secret spot. I want to have Niklaus create a painting to commemorate the occasion."

Finn's eyes lit up with gratitude. "That would be perfect, thank you," he said, his excitement barely contained. "This means a lot to me, and I know Elias will appreciate it too."

I smiled, pleased to be part of their joyous journey. "It's my pleasure. Love should be celebrated, especially when it's as genuine as yours."

After Finn left, I set about making the necessary arrangements. I contacted Niklaus, discreetly explaining the situation and requesting his artistic services for the special moment. I also concocted a plan to keep Finn's parents out of sight for the night, maybe a slight hex would do them good?"