3.2

(Flash Back, Kai's Pov)

Playing tag was always the best with Jossette, until that one game where everything went wrong. I remember the chase, the laughter, and then the sudden silence. "Jossette, I didn't mean it!" I gasped, staring at my hand, then at her crying face. The red glow faded, but the scary feeling lingered.

"Im sorry," I stuttered, tears welling up. But before I could say more, the door flew open. It was Mom and Dad. Mom rushed to Jossette, hugging her tight, whispering comforts.

Dad stood towering over me, his face twisted in anger. "Abomination, I told you to never touch your sister!" he yelled. His words echoed around the room, making me shrink back.

I looked to Mom, hoping for some kind of rescue. "Please, Mom?" I whispered. But she just turned away, her eyes sad but firm as she led Jossette out.

Then it was just me and Dad. The next moment, his hand met my cheek with a sting. "You need to learn," he kept shouting, but I tried not to cry. Crying only made it worse. I just nodded, wishing I could disappear.

After Dad left, the room felt so big and empty. "Why me?" I whispered to myself, feeling tired and scared. I couldn't stay there, not with the echoes of Dad's angry words bouncing around in my head. So, I tiptoed to the window, my heart thumping loudly. With a quick glance back at the silent house, I climbed out and started running.

The world blurred past me as I sprinted, not knowing where to go, just away, away from the yelling, the pain, and the scary red glow. My legs felt like jelly, but I kept going until they just couldn't carry me anymore.

Finally, I found a quiet alleyway, hidden and dark. I squeezed into a small corner, hugging my knees close. And there, away from everyone, I let the tears fall. "I didn't mean it," I sobbed into the shadows,

I didn't even hear him approach, my own sobs too loud in my ears. But then, there he was, a tall figure with kind, green eyes. He noticed the bruise on my face and for a second, his eyes flashed red, but then they were calm again. He crouched down to my level, trying to make himself less intimidating.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked gently. I flinched at first, scooting back against the alley wall. Strangers were scary, especially after what just happened.

But he stayed where he was, a soft smile on his face. "Hey, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. On the contrary, I'm here to help you."

Something in his eyes made me believe him. They were so kind, so understanding. Slowly, I stopped scooting back and just looked at him,