𝟚.𝟙𝟘

---------------------------

Katherine executed her plan perfectly; she fled, taking the moonstone with her. Niklaus, seething with rage, began hurling accusations at everyone around him until he discovered that a vampire named Trevor was behind it all. Meanwhile, Elias watched the unfolding chaos with a sense of amusement, offering little assistance as he was preoccupied with spending time with Finn, who hardly allowed him out of sight.

As the tensions escalated, Niklaus intensified his search for Trevor and the moonstone, his anger leaving a trail of chaos. Katherine remained elusive, her cleverness keeping her one step ahead.

As Finn and Elias enjoyed their time together, their peace was interrupted by an unexpected knock at the door. A woman with fiery red hair and piercing green eyes stood at the threshold. Elias, taken aback, demanded, "Who are you?" employing his compelling gaze.

The woman met his stare with a blend of defiance and confusion, replying simply, "Sage."

"And what business do you have here?" he prodded further.

"I'm here to see Finn. I've heard he's been undaggered," Sage declared with a hint of urgency in her voice.

Elias couldn't help but smirk at the unfolding drama. He stepped aside, gesturing her in with a mischievous glint in his eye. He was curious to see how the reunion would unfold.

Turning towards the house's interior, Elias called out teasingly, "Finn, darling, come down. You have a guest."

Finn's gaze locked onto Sage, a storm of past and present swirling in his eyes. "Sage," he uttered, his voice a mix of warmth and bewilderment. "What brings you here after all this time?"

Sage's eyes darted between the two men, settling on Finn with an intensity that matched his own. "I had to see you, Finn. I heard you were free and..." Her voice trailed off, loaded with unspoken words and history.

Elias watched the exchange, a slight frown creasing his brow. He moved closer to Finn, a silent assertion of his place. "We were not expecting company, were we, my love?" he said, his hand finding Finn's.

Finn looked at Elias, then back at Sage, his mind racing with the complication her presence brought. "No, we were not, Elias. But we must entertain our guest, mustn't we?" Finn replied, his voice steady yet carrying an undercurrent of tension.

Sage's eyes finally settled on the man next to Finn, a realization dawning. "You're Elias," she stated an edge of recognition in her voice.

Elias smiled, responding confidently, "The one and only. Now, what is it that you want? Speak swiftly." His tone was light, yet the underlying threat was unmistakable.

Elias was aware of Sage and harbored a deep dislike for his husband's past with other women. Overwhelmed by a sudden surge of protectiveness and jealousy, he swiftly moved to confront her, his actions swift and decisive. Without a moment's hesitation, he ripped out Sage's heart and dropped it to the floor.