3.1

——————————-

——————————-

Since he left, Mystic Falls had transformed significantly. The Bennetts had become integral to the town, as had the Thorns, the coven he had left behind that had grown in power. The Blackwoods, the pack he had left, had merged with the Lockwoods, with one family always closely allied with the other.

Elias sat across from the heads of the founding families of Mystic Falls. Sheila Bennett's eyes were sharp and assessing, Clara Thorns exuded a quiet power, and David Blackwood's presence was commanding.

Elias greeted them warmly, "It's a pleasure to see how much you all have flourished, both in town and in power. How are the younger generations faring?"

Sheila smiled and replied, "Bonnie is progressing well. She's cautious, perhaps even fearful of her burgeoning powers, but she's learning."

Clara added, "Leo has embraced his witchcraft. It's been a challenging journey, but he's growing into his abilities and accepting his role."

David then said, "The twins are healthy and strong. They haven't triggered their curse yet, but they're preparing for all possibilities."

Elias listened and then said, "It's important they know about their powers and are ready for anything. My family will be coming to town soon , so let's make sure the younger ones are well-trained to stay safe."

—-------------------------

Bonnie cast a disparaging look around the school corridor. "Major lack of male real estate here. And Kelly Beech? She's a fashion disaster — is it still okay to say 'tranny mess'?"

Elena shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "No, that's over."

"Ahh," Bonnie sighed dramatically, "find a man, coin a phrase. It's a busy year."

Elena's attention drifted and she waved to Matt, but he ignored her, prompting her to turn back to Bonnie, her smile fading. "He hates me."

Bonnie snorted, "That's not hate. That's 'you dumped me, but I'm too cool to show it, but secretly I'm listening to Air Supply's greatest hits.'"

As they continued their conversation, Caroline approached with an exuberant energy, enveloping Elena in a tight hug. "Elena. Oh, my god. How are you? It's so good to see you."

Elena tried to reassure her from within the embrace. "Caroline, I'm right here. And I'm fine, thank you."

But Caroline was insistent, her concern palpable. "Really?"