Chapter 45 - Shall I teach you?

Начните с самого начала

 He gave me this option. I don't see why I shouldn't use it.

 Now then.

 Sigewinne said I should pick her up two hours early, right?

 -

 Zhongli's POV

 I couldn't help but chuckle as Neuvillette's phone rang.

 "It seems like your potential boyfriend threw the bomb over to you, Neuvillette."

 "He is just a friend- Never mind. Why do I even argue with you?"

 I watched with amusement as Neuvillette tried to have a conversation with Chief Louis without setting off a bomb or two.

 "Yes. That's correct, Chief Louis. Yes, that's right. No, nothing of the sort."

 Even after so many years, I'm still amazed at how easily he can go back and forth between his formal and informal demeanor.

 Just like how he went right back to glaring at me the second he ended the call.

 "Come now, Neuvillette. I'm sorry, okay? I apologize. I was wrong. I should have told you sooner."

 I haven't seen him this annoyed in years!

 He wasn't angry. It might have been better if he was, but he wasn't.

 He was just incredibly annoyed, which in Neuvillette's case meant he became incredibly petty.

 "I had a meeting with Pierro this morning." He grumbled.

 Aha.

 Another reason for his annoyance.

 Neuvillette has an intense hate for unplanned, last-minute meetings. And this one was with the Fatui too. Something else he dislikes.

 "Tomorrow you are going to sit down with me to discuss the contract that will come with your engagement. Childe will come as well."

 "That is-"

 "Not up for discussion." Neuvillette cut me off.

 Yep. Okay. I got it.

 "Fine, fine. Whatever you want."

 "I wanted a simple phone call from you two days ago."

 "Neuvillette..."

 Just as I was expecting to get another earful, his lips curved up into a small smile as he glanced down at his phone.

"Fine. I'm in a good mood. I'll let it go this time." He chuckled.

 Just what got him into a good enough mood to erase all of his annoyance?

 Before he could hide it away, I leaned over the table to steal a glance at the screen of his phone.

 Oh?

 "You actually brought someone along when you went out with Freminet?"

 Putting aside the fact that Freminet is insanely uncomfortable with strangers, Neuvillette himself doesn't like to have others involved when he's with the kids either.

 And now here they are, in nothing but swimwear and completely soaked, smiling in a picture with two others.

 The little girl I could still somewhat understand but the guy...

 Hmm...

 "The potential boyfriend?" I guessed.

 "For the hundredth time, Wriothesley is just a friend." Neuvillette groaned, pushing me back to my seat.