Chapter 19 "Day's without Naruto"

Start from the beginning

𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝟏𝟎𝐊 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬.... 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭..... 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥... 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝! *𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡* *𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡* *𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡*.

𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲!

=

Her eyes shot wide open as she landed with a light splash and a dull thud, the sensation of falling for an eternity was still very fresh. She quickly got to her feet, which was a bit difficult because of the initial shock. She realized that she was soaked and when she looked down she saw water that rose above her feet. She quickly took in her surroundings and realized that she was in a narrow passage with pipes, resembling a sewer of some sorts.

Rumbling, she thought she was actually hearing things until the sound came again. It sounded like a distant earthquake, stopping just for a few seconds and then continuing. The ground shook with tremor effort as the rumbling continued. She didn't know what to make of the situation but she was very curious to know what the hell was going on. Where was she? What was causing that noise? It seemed that she had to venture closer to the source in order to get answers.

She looked around. Pipes, pipes, and more pipes, on the ceiling and walls. How the hell did she end up here? Did someone just dump her, and if so then for what reason? The water she was walking through seemed to be knee high now and she couldn't shake off the sense of foreboding as the rumbling increased in accordance to her distance.

She was getting closer now and it seemed that her heart had picked the worst moment to start hammering in her chest. She was nervous - no, she was scared - Something wasn't right about all of this, and she had a feeling she wouldn't want to know what the matter was.

She saw, in the distance, that the narrow passage was beginning to stretch out and as she approached she could see the faint outline of a room, and that made her curiosity turn to wary. Nonetheless she persisted without pause.

When she made it into the room she was treated to a very large cage, even as she looked up she could see no ceiling. Her head whipped in the direction of the rumbling, so, it was coming from in there. It was actually really loud now and it shook the entire room, albeit only slightly.

Just as suddenly the rumbling stopped and she froze in place. If she didn't know any better she could have sworn that the rumbling was actually someone, or something, breathing.

Something was in there, she wasn't certain but her instincts were telling her otherwise. Something was in there and she was sure it was aware of her presence as well.

"..𝐌𝐦𝐦𝐦𝐦..." She shivered at the sound, something was definitely in there. Whatever it was seemed silent, as if assessing her in some way, her fears increasing tenfold, but what happened next through her into complete bewilderment,

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥."

She shot out of her bed. Her breath in short bursts, gasping for air, eyes wide open on the prospect that if she dared to even close them then that would mean the end of her. She took in her surroundings quickly and her tense body relaxed when she noticed that she was in her room.

"What was that?" Naruko whispered to herself in wary and fear. That was the most vivid dream she had ever experienced, so much detail and she was completely aware of everything around her. That had never happened to her before and she was actually scared.

"Calm down, it was just a dream." She scolded herself for getting so emotional, it wasn't as if that dream could harm her, it wasn't real, right?

She hoped that she didn't wake Narumi from her sleep. It didn't matter how many rooms this place had, Narumi refused to be separated from her ever since they came back from their mission from wave, Naruko felt warm at that. Narumi was like the naïve, loving, bright, little girl that anyone would love. Naruko was pretty sure that even enemy shinobi couldn't harm Narumi, she was just to adorable for her own good.