And Straight on 'Till Morning

"You know I don't do cocoa," Regina said to her eldest as she sat at the bar counter in the Charmings' apartment.

The younger ravenette turned to her, "I know. It's coffee."

Regina took it as the teen turned back to the coffee maker, pouring herself a mug. The mayor watched as her daughter went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of pumpkin creamer and whip cream. It had been so long since she had had a quiet moment with her daughter and she was taking it all in, looking at her daughter in awe. Her daughter had grown as a person so much within the last year, and she hadn't allowed herself to be proud. She chuckled as her daughter piled on whip cream, "I will never understand how you drink that."

The teen laughed, looking back at her, "You've never even given it a chance. Be thankful we don't have a Starbucks in town."

"A what?"

"Nevermind," Reagan said as she took a sip of her coffee. "You really scared me . . . I thought we were going to lose you."

"I'm afraid you're stuck with me for a while."

The fifteen year old smiled for a moment before letting it fall as she looked down at her mug. Her mother looked at her with concern, "Are you alright?"

"I think back on everything now . . . And I'm just left confused."

"What do you mean?"

"I should have never gotten mad with you when you told me that all that you've done was for me and Dad."

"Reagan . . ."

"It's just starting to click now. You were pissed about Dad, you wanted to protect me, Emma tried to rip Henry from you, and ultimately me and Serenity too, and as much as I hated your mother, Mary Margaret did kill her. It doesn't justify why you killed innocent people and why you went after the Charmings, but I think I finally understand you. I just wish you had gone about things differently."

"Why are you saying all of this?"

"Because . . . I forgive you, and I want to start over. I've really missed you."

Regina smiled and squeezed her daughter's hand across the counter, "I've missed you too."

Reagan smiled as she set down her mug, "I think I need to catch you up to speed on somethings."

"On what?"

"Me."

*  *  *  *  *

The Enchanted Forest, thirty years ago

"Just imagine it," Peter Pan said as he and Reagan sat out on her balcony. "You can leave The Enchanted Forest behind and all your troubles, and start all over."

"And leave my people behind? My friends?" the young princess had asked. She had finally started feeling at home in The Enchanted Forest again.

"From what I can see, you don't have that many friends."

"That's not true! I have the Charmings, and Red, and the dwarves, and Pinnochio, and—"

"They are all adults, and the boy is half your age. And let's be honest, Reagan, those people are only your friends because they feel sorry for you."

Reagan nervously laughed, "What do you mean?"

"They are simply taking pity on you. You're a girl who's had your life in chaos time after time. You've had your innocence destroyed, and it shouldn't be that way."