The Queen is Dead

"What are you doing?" Mary Margaret asked as she walked into the kitchen to find Reagan and David making breakfast.

"Making breakfast," her husband replied.

"Why?"

"We're hungry," Reagan replied.

"You think I don't know what you're doing? We talked about this. We had a deal."

"I know," David said as he set a plate down. "I know. But with the curse broken, I thought maybe you would change your mind."

"Well, I didn't," Mary Margaret said as Reagan grew confused. The older woman looked at the table, finding a gift, "What's this?"

"Birthday present," David said.

"No, I told you—"

"It's not from me."

"That's not mine, but I got you something . . . I'm so confused," Reagan said.

"Her mother died on her birthday," David said.

"Oh, crap, that's right," the teen said under her breath.

"No one else knows," Mary Margaret said, still looking at the present.

"Apparently someone does, and they also think you should celebrate," David said. "It was left outside the door this morning." His wife opened the box to find a tiara. "What is it?" He went over as she picked the tiara out of the box. "I thought that was lost when the curse hit."

"So did I," his wife said as Reagan joined them.

"It's beautiful," the teen said eying it. She always longed for a tiara. In the Western Kingdom only royal women who were married may wear them with the exception of their tenth birthday, which Reagan never got to do because The King never put on any celebrations for her.

Mary Margaret looked at the card, "Johanna."

"Wait, what?" Reagan grabbed the card and looked at it. She could faintly remember the nanny from her childhood. Johanna was reserved for Snow, and then Serenity, but whenever Reagan saw her, Johanna was always kind and included her.

"I didn't know she was in Storybrooke," David said.

"Neither did I," Mary Margaret said.

"After the curse, you were gone for a while. You know, we're all still finding each other. It hasn't been easy."

"I have to go," she said, putting the tiara away.

"Okay. Hey, Happy Birthday," David kissed her.

"Thank you for understanding. You should go. It's getting late. You have to go to work. Reagan, you have to go to school."

"You're not going to school," the teen said. "I want to come with you. I haven't seen Johanna ever since my mother dismissed her."

Reagan and Mary Margaret got into the latter's car and drove off. Reagan did some Facebook stalking, and they figured out where the woman lived. They pulled up to find Johanna planting snowbells outside.

The ex-royals got out of the car and slowly approached her, Mary Margaret being the first ot say something, "Johanna?"

The woman turned away, smiling," Snow."

She smiled, "It's 'Mary Margaret' here."

"No. You will always be my dear Snow," Johanna said before the two hugged.

"I never thought I'd see you again," Mary Margaret held up the tiara. "Or this."

"Oh. I came across it in Mr. Gold's shop, and I knew how much it meant to you. I knew you had to have it," Johanna looked past Mary Margaret. "Is that you, Reagan?"