I know everyone kept telling me that Anya made him unhappy, but if she did, why was he always by her side? Why stay with someone that kept hurting you? The answer was simple.people tolerated anything for the one that they loved. No one
knew that more than I did.

Jealousy is overcoming every other emotion that I feel. I don't think I've ever felt it this strongly before. Maybe it's because I've always known they were together in the past, and I knew how wrong it was to feel jealous. I never allowed myself to give in to jealousy in the past because of this exact reason.

But, This time it was different.Atticus was my husband, not hers. They're supposed to be keeping a certain distance from each other. But no one seems to care that he's now a married man. If anything, Anya is closer to him than ever.

Everyone was already gossiping so much about the three of us. They were not helping our situation by being that close in front of somany people. But this was what Anya wanted all along.she was getting her way.

Clarissa senses my anger, and she gently rubs my shoulder, "don't let her get to you. She's doing this to hurt you. You can beat her in her own game. You're the one that Atticus is married to, not her. Someone just needs to remind her of this little fact."

She pulls me along with her but stops halfway when she spots Damon. Their eyes met, and I noticed how her entire demeanor changed. While Clarissa seemed to be nervous, Damon looked like he was annoyed. And I'm sure I saw him checking her out from head to toe. I think it isn't a one–sided crush. Damon must also have some feelings for her.

But how was that possible? His mate was Anya. He's not supposed to have feelings for anyone else but her. Maybe it wasn't the kind of emotion I was thinking of. Probably I'm reading too much into it, like I usually do.

I soon forget about those two when Anya leans into Atticus and openly starts fl!rting with him. I close my eyes and exhale slowly.

Deep breaths, Autumn. Don't let her get to you. Don't let her ruin what's supposed to be a special night for you.

"I'm going to have a word with Damon," Clarissa informs me. "He looks angry. I want to know what‘s wrong."

I nod, "I'll be right here."

"Don't you want to confront Atticus and take him away from Anya?" She asks.

I shook my head, "I shouldn't have to confront him for him to know that he's doing something wrong. He should realize it on his Own."

She nods in understanding, "I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere. We can deal with Anya when I return."

I didn't want to have anything to do with her tonight. I've already tried my best to rekindle our friendship, but she was doing too much now.

I fake a laugh, "there isn't anywhere I could go except in the ocean, and since I'm terrified of the water, I'll be right here waiting for you."

Jumping into the ocean didn't sound like such a bad idea after today.

I watch as Clarissa leaves to join them. Damon watches her like a hawk, and I can tell they're about to argue. Both sides look pissed at each other.

My eyes are drawn back to the man I married today. I wanted to go to him but not when Anya was there. I didn't want to hurt myself anymore. I've gone through this so many times in the past before. Anya and Atticus openly fl!rting while he was totally oblivious to my feelings for him.

I turned around. I didn't want to see more of them. I've already seen enough  for today.

I let the wind caress my hair and take a moment to enjoy the beauty of the ocean. While the water has always terrified me, I've never let that take away from its beauty.