I don't have any servant except security guards; they are countless.

When she leaves, silence settles in. Only the occasional sound of cutlery resounds through the tensed silence. I didn't mind. I enjoyed the silence. It allowed me to relax and think properly without any distractions.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I groan in frustration, dropping the fork down on the plate quite harshly before pulling out the device and answering the call.

"This better be important Kane, or else you're definitely gonna regret it." I growl, taking a sip of my coffee while flashing death glares at Van and Kamol who decided that now was the time to argue about something senseless.

"Oh, it is." He answers. "Carlos Rodriguez just fled the country with 10 million dollar worth of cocaine from the vault."

I almost break the phone from how hard I'm fuming. I have a very short temper. "I knew this was coming. Such an ungrateful useless piece of shit. Find him and bring him to me alive." Right before I hang up the phone, Kane speaks again.

"The drug lord is back in America and he seeks an audience with you." Kane says, sounding a lot more like someone who had way too much to drink but was on high alert.

That piqued my interest. "Oh is that so? The bastard finally returns. How convenient! Set a meeting with him for tomorrow morning."

"Alright boss."

We discuss further about business as usual before I hang up the call.

"When do I get to leave the house, father? How long do I have to stay grounded?" Van asks, staring at me with eyes that was exactly like mine and even unnerving to look at.

I finish the last of my breakfast and signal for Laura to pack up the dirty dishes and pour me a glass of water. "Until I have decided that you can leave this house."

He looked like he was going to say something but decides against it, stabbing the omelet repeatedly but not eating it, like an immatured child.

"That reminds me, I have already spoken with the Vice Chancellor of Princeton about your enrollment next week. She indeed had no problem with it but insisted that they have gone far into the semester and is unsure if you will be able to cope. And of course I guaranteed her that you will be able to catch up."

"What the fuck?!" He slams his fist down on the table, enraged by the sudden news. Yup! He definitely had my short temper.

"Language, son." I chide him.

"Fuck that, dad. I have made my plans about college to you numerous times but you just don't seem to give a shit. I have been expelled from my previous school because of my poor grades and bad behavior. Well guess what, this is all your fault." He seethes.

I stand to my feet, feeling my own anger flaming like a burning fire inside of me. "Watch your mouth, boy. I did not raise you to end up like a failure and nothing but a disappointment to me just like your brother."

Said brother looked at me with a pained look in his eyes but shrugged it off because he was used to it.

"Well you didn't raise me at all." He yells, tears shining in his eyes but he didn't dare let them fall. That's good. I didn't raise him and his brother to be weak. "At least Kamol is doing something he has always wanted to do."

A humorless laugh leaves my lips. "A tattoo artist? What the fuck will that bring him? Honour? Respect? Affluence?"

Kamol stands up as well. "Dad, please just —"

"You better shut your mouth, boy." I direct my glare at him and his mouth clamps shut. He offers me one last look and walks away.

"I want to be an artist, dad. There are so many schools that will offer me better opportunities to realise this dream. Just listen to me dad. I can actually make something of myself —"