𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Six months later...

Mia's POV

   I sat across Debbie, as she stared me down. She hadn't uttered a word since I got her, she simply stared. I guess she was observing my body language or something.

I've been regularly seeing Debbie, well I try. Because I realized that  there were so many things and traumas that I had never properly dealt with, I never healed, I just simply brushed everything off. That made me accept and normalize shit I shouldn't have, which led to an abusive and toxic relationship with Leah. And, I don't want that with Ashtray.

Suddenly, Debbie crossed her legs and leaned backwards resting her hands on the chair's sides, before spoke, "So how are you doing today?" she asked.

"I—"

"Honestly." She added, cutting me off.

"I've been doing great, honestly." I replied.

Debbie raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical. "Really? You haven't been here in weeks," she reminded me.

"I've been busy." I stated.

"You have?" She asked, clearly not convinced.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her skepticism. "Yes, Debbie," I said, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips. I don't even blame her for not believing me but I'm telling the truth.

The past five months, life has been treating me well, but I had a lot of work to catch up on. Five months and not six because after Ash got discharged from the hospital, we couldn't leave the apartment for days because people tried to kill us.

Why? Well I was blamed for Leah's death.

Apparently, I've been cheating on Leah with countless of woman including Ashtray while my brief stay at County Cook Jail. Everyone's mad because "I played the hero when I'm a whole cheating ass hoe". In their eyes I'm the bad guy and I played everyone. So it was only right that Leah tries to kill me, which caused her death.

So this all my fault? I guess.

We received death threats, they destroyed my car smashed my baby's windows, stole her tires, tagged and scratched her shiny black steel. They robbed and trashed The Oblivion and HOME's Cook, I seriously need to change that name. But my last straw was when they broke into my apartment stole my brother's trophies and medals, completely destroyed my parent's room stole their jewelry.

They took everything I kept preserved and locked up in their rooms for 17 freaking years and destroyed the whole place. If the goal was to hurt me, they did but I didn't cry instead I lost it. Every sense of empathy, compassion or patience, all gone that day. No one could've calmed me down that day not even if God came down to earth and told me to calm down I wouldn't. I hunted each and one of them down, all of them, and set an example for them all. I made them give all my shit back, sued em and made them pay for all their damages then got em imprisoned.

They almost got HOME taken away from me again, about I'm not the right fit for this role. As if this is a fucking play.

So Ayden suggested I do an interview giving my side of the story. I'm never the type to "confront" rumors I let people assume whatever they want, I don't care.

It ain't the first time, they accused me of bullshit. I was accused of being a drug lord and a sex trafficker because I was making too much money too quick. The Oblivion got raided four times. I did do the interviewed, answered their questions and cleared all rumors.

Needless to say they left us alone.

It's been a great five months, I'm the happiest I ever felt in years.