𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Mia's POV

   Finally out of that damn hospital couldn't even sleep there. Spent the night binge watching my comfort show, Avatar the last Air Bender that show got my heart for real to get my mind off of meeting my grandmother for the first time, ever.

I wasn't home though, Ashtray thought it would be better if I stayed with them so they can watch over me tell I get better like a damn kid.

They claimed that I won't rest like the doctor instructed. Ayden agreed instead of defending me, I mean they're right but still I didn't have my say. It's not my fault I'm not used to lying down and do nothing.

"Mia" They called lying next to me. I hummed in response my eyes still glued to the screen of my phone. Currently, on the second book of ATLAB, my favorite season.

"Can we talk?" They asked, making me look away.

"About?" I asked.

"Us." They replied.

"Okay," I said, setting my phone down and sitting upright, using the bed frame as support, giving them my full attention.

"So, uh, I just wanted to make sure I got things right," they stated, their fingers fidgeting nervously.

"Go on..." I encouraged.

"We're officially dating, right?" they questioned.

"You said yes, so yes we are." I responded. "If you said no I would've snapped your neck." I replied truthfully.

"You're always trynna snap someone's neck." They chuckled lightly.

"Well everyone irks me well except you of course."

"So, you're my girlfriend?" They questioned rhetorically. "I've never had a girlfriend before," they mumbled, their words barely audible.

"Leah was my first girlfriend but our relationship wasn't healthy, she was abusive, selfish and toxic as hell and I didn't even realize it till we broke."

"Abusive?" They asked.

"She'd put her hands on me." I replied. "This wasn't my first concussion. Once, hit me with a pot over some bullshit. She accused me of cheating all the time, yelling and throwing fits. Destroy our room and trash the house cause she's mad, then apologize and I'd forgive her because that's what my mom use to do. My mom would beat me till she was tired, then apologize when she needs something and I forgive her because she was all I had for the moment" I explained. "I guess I was so desperate to feel loved that I stayed with Leah." I admitted, my voice becoming softer.

"I'm not gonna treat you like that." They frowned.

"I know, I know." I reassured them. "I'm just saying, so you know the relationship thing I'm not good at it either. I don't have a lot of experience or know much. We can learn together." I suggested.

"I fucked up before we even got into the relationship." They mumbled.

"Ash, you're self sabotaging." I stated. "I don't care how much or who you messed with. You gotta forgive yourself if you wanna move on. You've changed it takes a mature person to know when they're wrong and I am proud of how far you've become."

"I had sex with Liza I—"

"—It's cool though, you don't even remember. l also said you could've if you wanted to, we weren't together." I reassured them, but they stayed quiet and looked down. "Ash?" I called out and they hummed in response.

"Look at me," I asked, they turned their eyes to meet mine. "I assure you, it's cool. Just don't mess with her again, I am so dead ass, I will kill you."