𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

📍San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles

10:45 am

Tess's POV

Since we got here last night after leaving Whole Foods, Yanelie went straight to bed. She didn't even eat dinner with us; she took a melatonin gummy and was out. This morning, I left her in bed, and she still hadn't woken up yet.

I was in the living room with my brothers, playing 2K. The sound of the game, the click of buttons, and our occasional bursts of laughter filled the room. Mariah was in the kitchen, making us breakfast, while their baby mamas got the kids ready for the day. Quincy has triplet girls: Ziah, Zaire, and Zara, who are four years old. Quinn has two sets of twins: two boys, Quinn Jr. and Quentin, who are five, and a set of girls, Shaelynn and Raelynn, who are four months old. He's wife's daughter, Raeyinn, who's nine. Yanelie didn't even get the chance to see her yet.

"Nigga, stay on the game," I heard Quincy demand, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Who you talking to?" I questioned, glancing at him.

"You, bruh," he answered, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"What's on your mind? You've been thinking heavy; I can see it in your face," Quinn stated.

"Life," I sighed, my gaze fixated on the screen as my hands maneuvered the controller. "Like, we're grown now. Y'all have wives, kids and shit—"

"—You got a girlfriend that you actually like," Quincy intervened, a smile on his ugly ass face.

"Who would've thought? Another stud took Quinnie out of the streets," Quinn chuckled. "Where she at, by the way?"

"Asleep," I responded, shifting slightly on the couch. "She didn't sleep the night before the flight. I guess she's tired."

"She's shy? 'Cause she don't talk much. She said like three words since she got here," Quincy remarked.

"Yanelie? Shy? Yeah, no," I chuckled a little. "I guess she just doesn't wanna say the wrong things, to not sound stupid."

"She ain't gotta be scared; she's family now," Quinn stated firmly. "Plus, Ion think there's another motherfucker out here who can sound as dumb as Quincy," he added with a grin. But before Quincy could respond, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Who's family now?" Londyn questioned. I turned my head to see her standing there, with a wide smile on her face.

"Londyn? What ya ass doing here." I questioned.

"Came to spend Christmas with my bestie after eleven long years," she replied, her smile widening. "Quincy invited me." I glanced over at Quincy.

"I thought you'd be happy," she added.

"I, uh—" I started, but was interrupted by Yanelie walking into the living room. She wore a black tee, blue jorts, and black Crocs. Her hair was wet and parted in the middle, revealing her face. So, I saw how she stopped in her tracks when her eyes landed on Londyn, then an unreadable expression growing on her face before she glanced at me and then back at Londyn.

"Hi, I'm Londyn," she greeted with a smile. "You are?" she asked, but Yanelie just stared her down before looking back at me.

"Am I the only one who senses the tension, or...?" Quincy muttered under his breath, but I heard him. I got up and put the controller down.

"Londyn, this is my girlfriend Yanelie. Yan, this is Londyn, a childhood friend of mine," I introduced, trying to ease the tension.

"Best friend," Londyn immediately corrected, a touch of pride in her voice. "I didn't know Q had a girlfriend. Nice to meet you."