Chapter Thirty-Three : Hope To Die

Start from the beginning

Anne smiled, twirling slightly in her silk black dress. "I do like this dark aesthetic you picked out," she told him before she picked up her lacey black mask. "Hopefully, everyone will have the same idea we do. Masquerade balls are usually black and white, aren't they?"

"I wouldn't know, I've never been to one," her brother shrugged.

A second later, they heard the curtain open, and both turned as Sabrina walked out.

Sebastian couldn't help but stare. Merlin, if only Ominis could see her.

Sabrina took a deep breath as she nervously tried to smooth out her black silk gown. Her sleeves were a delicate lace that extended to her wrists, and her neckline was the lowest that either of the twins had seen, showing off her collarbone down to the tops of her breasts. "I feel so exposed," she complained.

"Don't worry," Anne assured her. "Once Ominis has you back, that gown will be discarded anyway."

That earned her a smack from her brother. "And I'm the perverted one?"

"Yes," Anne said indignantly as she handed Sabrina a white lace mask. "Because you were caught in a broom cupboard!"

Once they paid for their clothes and the girls had on a bit of makeup, the teenagers set out.

"I've only been to Gaunt Manor once," Sebastian explained to them. "And Ominis didn't even let me inside. I say we take turns, and I'll apparate us one at a time, landing outside the walls. It's where most everyone will probably be waiting to be let in anyway."

Sabrina's doubts had started to cloud her brain.

This was a very bad and reckless idea. There was no way this should work. It was impossible!

What would happen if they failed and were caught? What would happen to Ominis should they fail? Surely they would kill him. Perhaps they would even kill her.

Sabrina realized that Oliver Grayson probably had these same thoughts before walking to his death. Had he been scared? Or was he too blind in love that, like her, he didn't care? Rescuing Ominis wasn't a choice, much like rescuing Noctua wasn't a choice with him either.

Every logical thought was telling her not to go.

But Sabrina instincts were screaming louder.

Sebastian took Anne first. A few seconds later, he returned to Hogsmeade and took Sabrina's arm. He could feel her trepidation and gripped her tighter. "This will work," he told her firmly.

"Are you sure?" she asked, shaking slightly.

Sebastian took her hand and squeezed. "All we have to do is sneak him out. We'll be in and out before we know it."

That sounded easier than done.

"Ominis will be furious."

Sabrina chuckled softly. "I don't think he'll forgive me for this."

Sebastian smiled back. "We're going to get him back."

Finally, his words sunk in. Sabrina felt her resolve harden.

They were going to get Ominis back.

A second later, they were apparating out of the town square.

The manor was already beginning to fill with quests when Corvina found herself escaping upstairs. She quickly reached the third floor hallway, approaching the wooden door on the left before she knocked.

"Come in."

Corvina opened the door and saw the old butler as he finished tying her brothers' tie. "Leave," she said, glaring at him.