Can't Be Repaired...?//Chapter 26

Depuis le début

The crew all jumped when Luffy shouted.

"THE GOING MERRY... CAN'T BE REPAIRED ANY FURTHER!"

It was quiet for a moment, everyone seemed to be silent as Luffy took in deep breathes to calm down.

Faythe held Usopp's shoulder with wobbly tight lips, "Great..." She pressed her head against Usopp's back.

Luffy readjusted his hat for a second, "She just can't be fixed. I wouldn't be telling you this if there were any other way."

Usopp numbly glanced down at the planks of the flooring, his brows twisting in confusion as he tried to process. He then repeatedly slammed his hands down on the flooring, "But it's our ship... The ship we're on right now!"

Luffy nodded, "Yeah... This ship, which is about to sink!!"

Usopp stared in a daze for a moment, until his eyes took on a dangerous look.

One that Faythe recognized almost instantly.

A fake spark of hope that the mind made up.

Usopp glanced off to the side with a frown, "What're you saying... Luffy?"

Luffy looked at him with slight concern, "It's true. That's what they said at the shipbuilding center. They said she won't even make it to the next island!"

Usopp released a quiet chuckle, "Hoo... I see... She won't make it, huh...?" He pressed his palm against his face, "A bunch of guys you never met before convinced you of that, and you just came back here?"

Luffy clenched his fists, "What!?"

Usopp gritted his teeth, "A BUNCH OF SUPPOSEDLY FIRST-RATE SHIPWRIGHTS  TOLD YOU SHE'S HAD IT! THIS SHIP WE JOURNEYED ON TOGETHER... OVER EVERY WAVE! IN EVERY BATTLE! THIS VENERABLE MATE THAT ACCOMPANIED US THROUGH IT ALL!!" He yelled defiantly.

Faythe stood back, grabbing Chopper to hide behind her. Her eyes watched in terror as Usopp was slowly shifting into someone, she didn't even think she knew anymore.

"AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIFT A FINGER... YOU'RE JUST GOING TO ABANDON HER IN A PLACE LIKE THIS!?"

"Usopp... You need to calm down... Your injuries.." Faythe slowly approached him, her hand slowly dropping onto his bandages shoulder, resulting in the man to look back at her with a frustrated look.

"AND YOU—!" He pointed a finger straight at her, "DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THESE LIES—!? FEEDING ME FALSE HOPE WHEN YOU FOUND ME!?"

Faythe's face dropped at his accusation, "N-No—! I didn't have a clue—! I just..."

"—EXCUSES—! BULLSHIT—!" Usopp spat, "YOUR JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM! How can I even trust you—!?"

"USOPP—!" Wyper stepped forward, "You don't mean that...!"

Nami rushed over and hugged her side, "Fae..! Don't listen to him...!"

Faythe felt her face pale as Usopp dropped her tie into her hand while shoving it off his shoulder. Her whole face looked like it broke at that one single moment.

Usopp turned back to Luffy, who in turn was giving the Sniper a hard look, "IS THAT ALL THIS SHIP MEANS TO YOU!? LUFFY!?" He then keeled over and let out a harsh coughing fit.

Chopper hurried over, "Usopp, You shouldn't yell like that!"

Nami looked on from Faythe's side, "Usopp..."

Luffy felt a nasty scowl cross his face at the sight of Usopp's and Faythe's interaction, "Well then, you're the expert!?"

"Luffy!"