Chapter 22 : Amusement Park Date

Taehyung pov:

Everything was blurred for me; all I could feel and see was her, Alice, my frozen. “So this is where you wanted to take me for breakfast?” She gave me a raised brow; I grinned. I couldn't see her eyes, which were hidden behind those black glasses. “Don't hide your eyes from me, frozen,” I stated, taking off the glasses from her eyes. She only stared at me but didn't argue. The restaurant was the one she took me, one of her favorite places to eat near her former neighborhood.

“But the restaurant opens in the afternoon; it's 8 am in the morning,” she spoke, her eyes looking around cluelessly. If only she knew.

“They changed the timing, I guess,” I shrugged one shoulder; she averted her eyes. “Oh, come on, I'm getting hungry; let's get inside.” I gripped her hand, pulling her inside. There were no people inside, only the staff. The moment their eyes fell on me, they bowed. Shit. My eyes widened for a second; I hastily tried to pull Alice over to one of the corner tables.

I pulled the chair, sheepishly grinning. “Sit.” Alice's eyes narrowed. I gulped dryly as she sat down; I sighed, moving to sit on the other side.

“You look nervous, Taehyung,” she gave me a spectacular look. Why the hell did I look nervous? Goddammit, Tae, pull yourself together. I shook my head. “No, I'm not.” She didn't look convinced.

Just then, the waiter came. "Alice!" Alice's face turned, her eyes falling on the man. "Ken." The guy didn't wait a second, pulling her into his arms. I bit my inside cheek so hard, seeing her return the hug. Come on, Tae, it isn't time for jealousy.

“I think I need to drag you here; the last time you came was two months ago,” Ken patted her back, only for me to clench my hands into fists. I'm regretting taking her here.

Count, Tae; he is frozen's Friend, you cannot break his nose. She will be upset. They finally pulled away. It seemed like Ken felt my glare burning a hole on his face. “Well, it's not me who gave you a surprise, Ken. This time, I got one. When did you start to open up in the mornings?” Alice asked as she glanced around with knitted brows. “Our new owner had put a new schedule.” Alice's eyes snapped at Ken. “New owner?”.

Ken looked at her in confusion. My throat went dry. “You don't know?” Ken asked. Alice looked more confused than before. “How would I know, Ken?”

My bad; I could have planned this all before taking her here. Ken's eyes fell on me. I shook my head as a no, but then I could see a glint in his eyes. He turned to Alice. “I mean, I'm surprised Mr. Kim Taehyung didn't tell you he bought the place.”

Alice's head snapped in my direction. I wanted to hit my head against the side wall. She stared down at me with anticipation.

“Well, I will give you time to think of what to order. I'll be back in a minute to get the order, Mr. Kim.” He turned to bow. I threw him a murderous look. I'm going to fire him; he looks so satisfied.

The moment he left, Alice sat in her seat. I couldn't read her expression. “Explain.” The only word she spoke. Crossing her arms, my spine straightened. I cleared my throat before answering. “The previous owner, the lady, needed money and was thinking of closing this place. I didn't want this place to close; it's your favorite, and it holds your childhood memories. So, I purchased it. The place works the same way as before; she also worked here. The only thing that changed is that I'm the new owner.”

The moment I stopped, I took a breath. I stared at Alice, waiting for her to speak. She was staring at me, her eyes softening. “Thank you, Tae.” A beautiful smile fell on her face. Only if she knew, I can do anything that can make her smile.