"Why did I meet her of all people, now she won't let me breathe." She sneered at her phone. "It had better be a conversation that will benefit me." She says recalling that without Emma's help in getting her a replica of Amina's bridal look, there was no way she would have successfully driven everyone nuts.

"I should get showered."

A brief time passed and now Hanan was fully dressed in casuals just like she loved.

A pair of blue jeans trousers, a pink baggy T-shirt matching it with a pink scarf. Hanan was good to go as she strode out in her favorite pair of sneakers.

She journeyed her way in a private cab thinking of what she would have been doing at the office instead of riding to a destination which may probably not benefit her, but at least it was better than staying at home being bored doing nothing at all.

With that she smiled focusing her attention back on what was going on around her, she lowered her window down visualizing left, right, and ahead of her is a busy day.

Cars were filled on the road and it seems everyone in Lagos left their homes for the street.

"Madam, you don tire ba?" The driver who had been entertaining himself with his car radio asked while looking at her through his rear mirror.

"No, I'm just amazed at the amount of cars I'm seeing on the road." She replied.

"Ohh, today na Monday na why, everybody go open for business." He says. "But you be stranger to Lagos ba?" He asks further. "Na oyibo land you comot from? Because this your English too sweet for ear o." He says in pidgin.

She laughed at the man's curiosity before replying.

"You are funny and I'm not new to Lagos, I've just been away for a while."

"Okay, welcome back."

"Thanks." She smiled.

"Make I leave you, I wan hear news." The driver replied, tuning the radio louder, Hanan reached for her Airpods about to plug them in as she was least interested in hearing what the news had to say but in the end, the news grabbed her attention when she heard "AA. law firm."

"That's my office." She says with pride and joy.

"Yes, na them get the biggest law office for Nigeria, you get luck say you get job for there because na people wey get long leg fit get work for there." The driver replied.

"It's thanks to a friend, well let's listen to what they have to say," Hanan replied, after then, with great interest they both gave their ears and attention to the radio.

The driver was left thrilled till the end of the news session but Hanan wasn't, in fact, she regretted listening and not plugging her Airpods.

And with a fickle of her fingers on Google, Hanan felt her heart wrench.

"Fajab Pharmaceuticals are gonna be partnering with AA. Law firm? How and why is it possible?" She frowns at the article she was reading on the net.

When she heard it just now on the radio she thought she must have misheard the radio till she went on the net to confirm the news to be legit.

"Is Faruk aware? I'm sure he's not coz there is no way he would allow this to happen." She sighed thoughtfully.

Not today, not tomorrow, not ever would she work for her enemy, She rather choose death than for that to happen. She affirmed her thought.

At last, an hour's drive to the mall thanks to a busy Monday road ended.

Hanan got to her destination to meet Emma already waiting with an anxious look on, once Emma sighted Hanan approaching her she instantly looked relieved.

HIS LOVE  *A Sequel to HER WORTH*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें